New project, CAT 300X

I picked this up a few weeks ago. After scoring (3) 3.5 hp Briggs engines and the Maple Grove swap meet for $10, I now have the power plant LOL. I have eveything planned and it should go together quickly. I'm waiting on two little pieces and it's on.
I noticed that it has chrome revoeable upper bars. I'm guessing the original forks were trash and someone switched them with another CAT model??

Looking forward to seeing this project .... But ... I believe you have a 300X ... Not a 250X ... Here is a pic of the 250X ... The fork has no suspension spring incorporated in it and no removable bars ...

Nice Project

You might have seen these already. I never looked close at the difference between a 250 and 300 until you posted. Looks like a great project, by the way.

I thought the same thing. Did the 300 have a scrub brake?
Yup ... Sure did ... That's gonna be a cool ride when your done :thumbsup:... That's my blue 250x ... Just wait'in on the the seat and I'm done with that one ... Hey BTW ... How did that deal on that TrailHorse work out ... Can we see some pics ...
Steve

Steve,

The Trail Horse didn't go so well. I was supposed to pick it up the night I emailed you and I got an email from the guy and he said he sold something else so he didn't need to get rid of it now. I was super clean, but I don't blame him for wanting to keep it. Most likely someone offered more and he didn;t give me the chance so.....

I looked at the CAt brochures before posting. I guess I was basing mine off the fact that it doesn't have the styled wheel on it?

Cool, Thats a nice find, the removable bars look like they will clean up. I've noticed them with the little plate and the cat sticker, but I never realized the bars where removable:thumbsup:
Do you need any parts? I'm trying to re-coop from the wheel I bought from you:wink:. Did someone cut the top tube under the seat? Or is that an illusion?

Randy:scooter:

Unfortunately they did. Easy fix though. What I need are the correct wheels. I hate to build it with the wrong ones. I already stripped the bars and they look okay. There is a little minor surface rust. I need some sawtooth sneakers for it too.

Dad might. Stress, might, have a set. Don't the wheel cover things just bolt to the wheel? If thats the case you may have the right wheels and just need the centers? I'm not real familiar with them. Did you get a 1/4 midget yet?

I think they are different, but I do not have much knowledge on these. I see Shoe has a rear for sale on here. Let me know if he does and we can make it happen.
No 1/4's yet. I've been looking, but nothing has firmed up. I wound up buying another Mustang last week, so I've got my hands full for the winter LOL.