Non Members

It could just be me being dumb??!! Has anyone else beside me, had a problem lately with non members selling and buying here? Owen

The way you worded that makes it seem like if your a non supporting member you are not welcome it has nothing to do with that if your a liar and a thief why would that change if you pay 25 bucks to hent or not :hammer:

Isn't 70% of members the "non-supporting type"? or somewhere close to that? Aren't non-supporting members allowed to buy/sell? :shrug:

I was a non supporting member for a good 10 months. I decided to become a supporting member because of all the good people here on OldMiniBikes. Give them time, they'll come around.

Pit Bug

Most forums allow members to buy/sell, don't have to be a "supporting" member.

Some more local club forums only let you buy/sell if you support there site.

I think doing that here would lose a lot of would be traffic and new members.

Well..if you buy and sell on here..then you can afford the 25 bucks. It is a long time discussion on here..and I dont see it changing. It is just how sociaty has become...sad.:mellow:

i'm not a supporting member because i'm 15 don't have a credit card ,bank account, or a steady monthly income. sometimes i can afford it but sometimes i can't. If i had a job it would be different and i would be but till then i won't be.

Oldsalt

Why not limit sellers to folks that have become supporting members? What would be the down side?

I kinda see a plus. If a person is a 'member' then he is more likely to have a longer term relationship not only with OldMiniBikes but also with minibikes in general [less 'jonny-come-lately' syndrome]. Certainly would make the For Sale section safer and more of a family thing.

Seems to me that such a seller would be less, probably far less, likely to be shady being that he is a known person on the forum.

$25 a year is less than 7 Cents a day. The cheapest a guy can get a cell phone for is about $1.90 per DAY.

seeing as 25 is nada, can you hook a brother up?:scooter:

Why not limit sellers to folks that have become supporting members? What would be the down side?

I kinda see a plus. If a person is a 'member' then he is more likely to have a longer term relationship not only with OldMiniBikes but also with minibikes in general [less 'jonny-come-lately' syndrome]. Certainly would make the For Sale section safer and more of a family thing.

Seems to me that such a seller would be less, probably far less, likely to be shady being that he is a known person on the forum.

$25 a year is less than 7 Cents a day. The cheapest a guy can get a cell phone for is about $1.90 per DAY.

WrenchDad

It could just be me being dumb??!! Has anyone else beside me, had a problem lately with non members selling and buying here? Owen
The question at hand was if your having PROBLEMS with non supporting members either buying or selling. Not weather I can afford to pay for a membership or not.

This question implies that supporting members dont cause problems in the area of buying and selling and non supporting members do, because they have nothing vested. I havent personally met any of you guys/girls so the only impression I have of you would come from direct contact either thru PM's or thread replies. There are some guys that have been supporting members on this site for many many years , would your buying and selling ethics change if you stopped being a supporting member. If for some reason you couldnt pay the $25 would you start treating people badly? I have not bought or sold anything on this site yet (I havent had the need )Dont be afraid to deal with me because it dosent say "Supporting Member" and I assure you I WILL NOT cause any problems while in a transaction with any one on this site Thats not the type of person I am. If I did act like an A-hole durring any type of transaction paying $25 tonite would not make all that disapear tomorrow.

Please dont lump me in with others just because of the title under my screen Name.

Last edited:
The 25.00 has nothing do to with what kind of a person you are. Just recently a supporting member ripped off Mr. G. I would say if your going to sell alot on here, it would be "nice" of you to join and help the cause:thumbsup: I'm a supporting member because I think this site is great and I would never want to loose it:thumbsup::thumbsup:

also non supporting members can give stuff other than money:shrug: i give advice when i can...and help people out with parts and crap sometimes also...im only 16 but ive been working on small engines since i was 11 or 12 and have picked up a few things and help out when i can, just because im not a supporting member doesnt mean i dont appreciate the site or anything...this is one of the best sites ever:thumbsup: i love OldMiniBikes