Noob from LA w/ Huffy Hustler

Hello all, just wanted to introduce myself, my name is James from South Louisiana. Just picked up a Huffy Hustler at a swap meet. Can't find much info at all about it. The guy said it was rare but now I'm thinking too rare to keep all original. Hopefully this forum can lead me in the right path to keep this little guy true to its roots. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated As again I have found nothing on it. Don't even know the year or the model but still has original plate with model number. I'll post some pictures, again hello and glad to be a part or your community! 20150418_223703.jpg 20150419_084855.jpg

Thanks guys! Hey manchester1 any idea what model this would be? I've read mention about Model 2's, 5's, 6's, maybe even 7's...this may give me a start in the right direction if I knew that. Sorry, again complete noob here!

Thanks manchester1, I just ordered a full catalog and a full reproduction manual with exploded parts view and hopefully part numbers, not that this will make them easier to find but it's a start. Thanks again. My wife already said this will not be our last mini bike because she wants one for her own. Looking forward to the restorations!

Chipper - I live in Valentine, its between Larose and Lockport. If you've ever driven down to Grand Isle or Fourchon then you've driven right through Valentine. I'm originally from Galliano / Cut Off just a few towns down the bayou. Any of that ring a bell?

Chipper - I live in Valentine, its between Larose and Lockport. If you've ever driven down to Grand Isle or Fourchon then you've driven right through Valentine. I'm originally from Galliano / Cut Off just a few towns down the bayou. Any of that ring a bell?
10-4 , the speed trap town , lol ! Most of my fishing was in Cocodrie ! I work in Gonzales ! You missed one hell of an event weekend before last , check out the pics on the event page under Lower Alabama !!

Yup chipper, it does slow down 15mph by the old paper mill, I'm about a mile or so up the bayou from there. I checked the pics out, that looks like a blast, definitely need to have some bikes ready for next year in time for that! I just went to the Lone Star Roundup last weekend in Austin, TX, they had mini bike racing there, looked like my kind of good time. We picked up this bike at the swap meet there that same weekend, had my eye on another frame with no motor and one wheel missing a bearing but didn't pull the trigger soon enough and someone scooped it up before me, I believe it was a Rupp frame now but had no clue at the time.

buckeye

I thought LA was LA, Cali.:laugh: So, I didn't look at this thread.

Welcome to OldMiniBikes. Man, cool bike to find for down in these parts.
Looks like a fun little bike to play around with.
See ya in the fall.

Ok so after some Google searches and looking at the parts breakdown I got from Glenn Baine on ebay and looking at my model number plate pictured in the first post of this thread I'm going to go ahead and say I have a Huffy Hustler Model H0610. My question is what model Tecumseh engine came on this bike? As you can see mine is missing the engine cover where I believe this info would be stamped on. I am ready to begin buying parts for this little guy, just trying to figure out what's what first. Thanks for any help you may be able to give me. I've been searching the net and these forums for a few hours and am no closer to an answer. The parts breakdown only says "Part # 22429 - Engine" lol.

Ok yes manchester1, I did assume 3.5hp, I'm wondering about the model number, if I had to guess just from the popularity I'd guess HS-35? Would that even be in the ballpark? Or is the number in the model number the displacement as it seems to be in the beginning of the Tecumseh engine ID guide stickied in another thread in tecumseh tech section? It's conflicting because later in the same post is an example where the number represents horsepower.

Dang! I really need to get busy then, I been fishing so much lately I barely even started on the bike, only disassembled it somewhat. Hopefully I can pull it off in time, I'll plan on going regardless as long as I'm not working then.

markus

afcajun, the engine currently on your bike (and is the original) is an H35 tecumseh. the missing parts I see are not that terrible to find for those engines, so if its servicable internally you could save it if you wanted. I would pop the head off and give a good inspection of the cylinder and go from there. Engine shrouds and recoils for your version remanined the same from mid 1969-mid 1974 plastic tanks to fit the current brackets were in service from 1970-well into the 80's as well and many things can interchange with later and even earlier "small frame" tecumseh's.