Noram Clutch help?

This clutch is on that B&S 8hp engine I bought this week.

What make is this clutch?
Neck thinks this clutch on it is a Noram.

I can remove it two ways. One way will destroy it. The other way. I can make a puller. Just to remove this clutch.

I have soaked it for two days with penetrating oil.

My question? Is it worth saving? Can I get a drum for it?

Thank you
Bullhead

Hey Bullhead,

Anything that unique is worth saving, try and get it off in one piece unharmed.
So what if you can't find a drum for it, post it on CL and maybe you get lucky.

What are the plans for the engine?
:thumbsup:

Hey Bullhead,

Anything that unique is worth saving, try and get it off in one piece unharmed.
So what if you can't find a drum for it, post it on CL and maybe you get lucky.

What are the plans for the engine?
:thumbsup:
The 8hp. elec. start B&S goes into the Bearcat Twister.
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/general-minibike-talk/61690-vintage-dragster-just-big-engine.html

I posted about the clutch to find out if it's ,"unique". I already have enough chinese junk.

Maybe I can make a drum.Hummmm!

How's winter, down there?

Bullhead

Keep soaking it hit it in with a block of wood and a hammer and use some kind of tapered fork keep working it back and forth evently it will losen up

When I was young and strong. I sailed around the cape. Stopped in for supplies. And stayed over a month.

South Africa was one of my favorite countries of the world.

Bullhead:thumbsup:

I removed an old rusted clutch last night. Apply heat to the end of the crankshaft, after it gets warm/ hot, drop some light oil on it, which will get sucked in. I use 10W30 synthetic oil, it doesn't smoke when it gets hot.

For heat I use a heat gun, puts out 900 degrees air temp, used for removing paint, readily available and cheap. Looks like heavy duty hair dryer.

After oil has penetrated, screw in the retaining bolt with approx 1/8" space between the clutch and bolt. Use a long handled screwdriver as a lever between the inside of the clutch and engine side plate. With pressure applied to the screwdriver, wack the head of the bolt with a hammer.

Like was pointed out above, don't use a lot of force or you will damage something. Just keep re-applying heat, oil, use screwdriver as lever, wack with hammer and it will come off eventually. :thumbsup:

Just got back from the ATV junk yard. And look at what I found! The drum for my clutch!
It was sitting on the Yamaha engine in front.

Bullheadlucky!

You got lucky :thumbsup: now all you need is the right size clip to hold it on :doah:
I already bought a c-clip at the Auto supply. Put the scotch pad too the clutch. And it cleaned up good.

Wired my new fan up in the garage. Now I got blowing hot air! :facepalm:
I'll get a AC some day.

Take a look at that Yamaha and clutch.

That's almost like the Polaris I took out of my Bearcat Twister!

Glad Neck is not home. He'd want it! Problely stick in a Taco!:laugh:

Bullhead