Northern to sell comet tav & tav2 again??

Got an email sales flyer today that listed the torq-a-verter & torq-a-verter2 on sale for $199... I called & the guy said they had been removed as a discontinued item and placed back to out-of-stock only. He knew the company had gone out of business and even knew it was June of last year when the last of the stock was sold. He also said the model number did not change which could mean they will be N.O.S. or simply new parts. Did someone buy the tooling and start making more??? Sadly, it could just be their marketing department has freakin idiots sending out sales adds… I figured WFT so I ordered one even though the item is on back-order (I will not be actually charged until it ships). Anyone know about this?? :shrug:

Well hopefully someone is doing something, because your only options right now is buying the GTC TC2 from GoKartUSA.com(which you better be prepared to wait awhile), or order the BMI TC, which I think is your best bet right now.

Northern also had listed a driver & driven comet 40 series for $250 - I didn't ask about it (I bought my 40/44 series from BMI for damn near $300...) I know China is selling clones but I'd spend the extra $100 to get a real one - if they really do make'm again...

Hent

From what I understand, the comet TAV systems will be available again in July. They were supposed to be ready in June, but you know how that goes.... :laugh:

As I get more info, I'll keep everyone updated.... :thumbsup:

Update: For what its worth... I got a letter from Northern Tool saying the ship date for my new TAV2 is 8/10/10 :clap: I'll post if it does........

Just got off the phone with Northern, placed one on order, they are suppose to have the first shippment on the 15th so i will keep you posted when and if it shows and if looks to be the real deal or another knock off.

cxbra

Its funny seeing this post, as Northern Tool told Gasgastrials he would have his TAV by 8-10-10, and its now 10-10-10 (OHHH SHHH, this day wont happen for another 100 years! haha). I seriously think the company had legal issues or something, I doubt they are ever coming out.:hammer:

delray

cxbra, people at Certified parts Corp are real nice and all. but if you could see how they run there business and the building they run it all out of:doah: it's almost like something out of the 70's. the guy that own's Certified parts Corp ,also has other companys and building ..etc.... so its probable not on there number one list?

Mac

Comet TAV's will surely be out again.........After future demand allows them to boost the cost.

........It's all part of the game.

Too much time has passed and the Chinese TAVs are already everywhere.
I am not convinced something as simple as a TAV can ever be made here at a profit again.

Well of course Northern Tool still unable to supply the Comet, so cancelled order today. I did order one from MFG Supply, they got eleven in today and of the eleven 8 are already sold. Just got off the phone with MFG and it is suppose to ship out today. We will see, I will keep everybody updated. Plus $20 cheapier through MFG.

Well of course Northern Tool still unable to supply the Comet, so cancelled order today. I did order one from MFG Supply, they got eleven in today and of the eleven 8 are already sold. Just got off the phone with MFG and it is suppose to ship out today. We will see, I will keep everybody updated. Plus $20 cheapier through MFG.
Thanks for the tip, I managed to snag one, so make that 2 left ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
If I had the choice of only one decient quality part on a TAV it would be a quality backing plate and machining.

The rest you can fudge to make work