NOS Clinton engine kit on ebay

That is very cool. If I had one of those mini bike museum deals going on with advertising pieces and whatnot, I'd do whatever I could to get this.

I'm sitting here wondering how many Father and Son fights there were during the timing process of the EZ to Assemble kit.

Sprocket86

This is most definitely a very rare and cool time capsule minibike artifact and I wonder how many were produced or sold!

I have a vivid memory of seeing this along with a gokart kit in a old book many years ago.

pomfish

Great Read, even though I have read it before I to re-read it and of course read a bunch of the other coampany histories also.
Thanks KKK for your work on the history.

What's with pool companies making mini bikes?
Cat was owned by Muskin and Cheftah by Doughboy.
:thumbsup:

It's nice to know some folks enjoy reading that kind of stuff. I used to write a lot more of it but after a while I got the feeling I was talking to myself.

Heathkit and Stellar were both electronics companies... I guess everybody was cashing in on the craze while it was hot. Stellar also made sulkies for harness racing. In fact they patented a torsion arm design that isolated the shock waves created between the horse and sulky resulting in less stress on the horse and a smoother/faster ride for the driver.

As Paul Harvey would say...."and now you know the rest of the story!"

There was one of those kits on ebay a while back. The guy had a huge price on it and it was listed for a couple years. I wonder if it's the same one?