Not sure what you guys call it?

I usually collect old BMX bikes. But from time to time I find these mini bikes. Usually by the time I have a chance to go to this site for info they end up selling before I can blink. So I do have an idea what they go for.

Well, today on C-list I saw one for 125.00. and I caught it just after it was posted.
Well I called the guy and was lucky enough to get my hands on it. for 100.00.
I thought hay for 100.00 bucks even the frame could be worth that. So I got what we in BMX world call a score!
Well score to me. It has 5 hp Tech motor. original every thing down to the seat. I do think areas of the motor have been spray bombed.

The only problem since I don't know much about them it could be a cheapy for all I know. However, it runs which is great! I have checked this site up and down. My doodle up and down and nothing looks like it.
it has a tank like a Thomas chopper but who knows. and it's not a Rupp No serial head badge nothing. There is a serial on the motor however.

Anyway, I'm going to need your help finding out what this thing is... I know it's got to be worth more the 100.00 because when I was there the guy received 4 calls. It was at that point I said I better leave before someone tells him it might be worth big bucks. And it wasn't on C-list for more then a 1/2 hour.

Well long story short. This is a new hobby of mine when I cannot find BMX bikes to restore. So any help would be great on identifing.

I know, I know you need pics. I will have them tomorrow when it's day light out.
Thanks for your guys help in advance. Don't worry I won't ask whats it's worth. I know in the BMX world thats a big no no.
Thanks later PAPSTISY
Looking for a Fox 110 or Sprint any condition.

Pics are here

Ok, I took a few pics today. If you guys could provide your opinions would be great!
Do you think for a 100.00 the bike is worth the money? The motor does run and I have original muffler.

Thanks for everyones help. I look forward to your comments!

Definately worth it. Don't know what it is but it does look like a bigger/longer frame than most of that style frame. Similar to the Trail Horse/ Bonanza but not either one of them. Those are Rupp Turbine wheels on it. Nice find :thumbsup:

what?

Ok, have to ask. what is a TRK special? I take it thats a bad thing.

I told you guys I couldn't find anything like it. The frame is longer then most mini bike like a Bonanza.

Howerver, look at the rear drop outs. never seen that type before. Also no fenders frt. of back. I checked for rough spots in those areas and there was nothing ever welded that someone would have hacked off. also it has no kick stand. Not even the circle area welded to the frame again nothing looks like it was removed.

The guy told me the engine is original to the frame at least when he found it 12 years ago in a barn. I don't think it is because there is a motor mount hole not being used. What company would do that?

He has the thing governed with nuts over the cable, he said if he didn't do it it would ride wheelys because of gearing. He said his hand held GPS went 40 with him on it and he looked a good 250 lbs. plus. Very, Very nice guy.

Does any one know by the serial how old the motor is?

TRK is not a bad thing at all ... It's TheRestoreKid a member here ... Just means it's a bad ass mini that is made from different parts and/or so rare no one knows what it is ... He has a ton of mini bike stuff everyone wants ... Either way ... Great score :thumbsup: ... Welcome to OldMiniBikes :thumbsup:

motor

Can you get a gasket kit for this old motor? How about the seat? Did that come from a different make? Also, any ideas what I should use for a clutch guard.

What do you guys think about the motor? I mean, do you think it belongs on a mini like this or a different kind. I'm worried because the frame has a 4 bolt pattern and the engine mounts center into 3 of the 4.

Lastly, will shops still even work on these older motors or do they only work on new ones these days.

Can you get a gasket kit for this old motor? How about the seat? Did that come from a different make? Also, any ideas what I should use for a clutch guard.

What do you guys think about the motor? I mean, do you think it belongs on a mini like this or a different kind. I'm worried because the frame has a 4 bolt pattern and the engine mounts center into 3 of the 4.

Lastly, will shops still even work on these older motors or do they only work on new ones these days.
H50 Gasket set: Tecumseh OEM Gasket Set H50/H60 33233A

Clutch covers:
Chrome: OldMiniBikes Chain Guard Chrome - includes zinc plated mounting bracket.
Standard: OldMiniBikes Chain Guard - includes mounting bracket and hardware.

Hope that helps!

Thanks But

Thanks for everyones comments. Why is it so hard to find H Tecumseh motor parts?

What came out first the H series or the HS series? Also can anyone tell me the difference. HS parts seem easier to find on the Bay.

What are your guys thoughts?

Also, I agree the frame is a Bird Wren and Bone forks. However look at the rear drop outs on the wren they have one hole in them. mine does not. So maybe prototype frame? Any ideas. Or thoughts?

You can do all the engine work yourself, and I'm telling you its a bird wren frame with trail bronc/boonie forks and rupp turbine rims.

Ok since you used a pic of my bike I gotta chime in :laugh: Not Boonie forks or Heald forks in any way. Not wide enough for HEALD and wrong design for Heathkit. Tank looks like one smallbikes used on a Harrison / Ruttman Judge