Not Your Typical Bonanza Build

A few of you guys on here already know i had this stashed away.. I even considered selling it. However i am currently waiting on a frame to be shipped to me from my buddy Karl, so in the meantime i figured id slap this together. Not sure of the model, dont really care. I got this frame with the original swingarm, non original front forks (they were a butchered pile of weld and pipe) and non original wheels. SO instead of wasting time parts hunting for things that only come around once in a blue moon i figured, why not go custom with it??? I had parts from a kawasaki kd80x laying around and started thinkin about a combination of old school and new(er) school. So this is what i started with, and then came up with. Give me some feedback!!

The forks are going to need Modified a bit to fit the neck of the bonanza and there are going to be minor adjustments here and there to fit the mono-shock to the frame.

I have a similar project, however i made everything bolt on and intended to restore the bike, capable of being run and displayed two different ways... didnt want to alter the bike other than bolt on...

buckeye

Why not?? It's yours.
I use to be in the school of it has to be original or close to it.
Not crazy anal as some are but, respected the uniqueness of something put back as it came.

Now, ehhh..it's my bike I'm doing what I want within my capabilities and finances.

Should be a cool build.

yes, unfortunately the rear sprocket on the wheel isnt the right chain pitch, i dont think its 35, actually i know it isnt, however i dont know which pitch it is, can anyone figure it out?? i have no clue!! if not ill have to find a way to get a sleeve inside the 5/8 bearing to fit the axle of the original wheel.

I've seen most of Dave's builds. Had the privilege to talk to him as well. I'm just hoping to get this thing rolling soon. It'll be for my brother.. 17 years old,6'3. Big boy needs a big bike, so like always, big brother to the rescue !

markus

yes, unfortunately the rear sprocket on the wheel isnt the right chain pitch, i dont think its 35, actually i know it isnt, however i dont know which pitch it is, can anyone figure it out?? i have no clue!! if not ill have to find a way to get a sleeve inside the 5/8 bearing to fit the axle of the original wheel.

probably 420, I think your can just get the 5/8" sprocket to match for the jackshaft, your just going to have to do some math for ratios

My motto is cut it up and let the chips fall where ever . It's your bike do what you want with it . Putting a new suspension under a old bike is cool and they ride a hell of a lot better.

Thanks for all the advice guys! Means a lot. Next step on this is to either order a sprocket or wait for one from Trinik, he said he may have one for me. Gonna order me a jackshaft kit off OldMiniBikes and go from there. I guess in the meantime I'm gonna start mocking up my brakes and such. Gonna be a foot pedal for the rear and lever for the front.

Well I've come to realize today, that chain tensioners are definitely important, so I'm gonna go with one for sure on this bike. Waiting to hear back from Tim. Until then I guess I'll just fiddle around and find somethin to do!