NR Racing stage 2 predator for sale. Approx 12hp.

Big Jim

I used to work at a Funeral home and have seen some messed up people, but never any thing like that, from someone I "know."
I need to get a helmets, one for my self and my son and wear them......

buckeye

Well, I am convinced. My wife has been on my butt about this very subject. To the store I go. No more, I am just going up the street,I don't need a helmet. I know better but now I am convinced.
Glad your ok. That obviously was a wakeup call.

Fox I hate to see you get out of minibikes. You really seemed to enjoy them. Maybe we should all chip in and get Fox a OldMiniBikes custom helmet. We can use Fox as an example to why to wear a helmet. I for one would like Fox to stick around.

All I can say is "Oh my God!" You were/are very lucky!!! Hang in there man, things will get better, I can't imagine what you and your family have been through here lately. That is insane that a mini bike crash did that.
Glad to hear that you are ok and doing better, I was born and raised around cars with the need for speed running through my veins but I met my wife and we have a wonderful blended family and a baby on the way and it's like my world got turned upside down. I still like cars but gave up on racing for now (maybe forever) and just enjoy the time with my wife and kids. I get crap all the time how "She's changed you" or the "Your not the same since your with her" from used to be friends and even some family but i wouldn't change any of it for the world. Cars, speed, hobbies, friends......will all come and go but your family will always be by your side through good and bad times.

I hate to hear you are getting out of the mini bikes but i understand completely and can see and hear why and where you are coming from. Even if you don't have a mini bike any more you can still hang around and keep laughing at your friends here....right?!?!

If i had the money i would buy your motor in a heart beat, but you know how the story goes.
Thank you my friend. You are lucky to have people that love you. And conrats on the bun in the oven. :thumbsup: My wife got into cars with me and that really fueled the fire with cars. Her and I raced more than anyone here in ST.Louis and we were kinda the ones that everybody looked to beat.

That crap doesnt matter though. But I will say it was fun while it lasted.:laugh:

God must of helped you get back home that night. All I can say is your are blessed to be here and to make use of your time. HAve you been back to where you crashed yet?
No... I havent wanted to be reminded of it yet. Even the pics... I have kinda closed my eyes when Im confronted with them.

Glad for your family that you survived.
Moral of the story is we should ALL be wearing helmets when riding these minibikes.
What seems like an innocent little toy can hurt you bad if the circumstances are right as told in this story.

Good luck with your recovery.

Michael

Just an added thought would be to make your story and pictures a sticky in the appropriate forum so as to hopefully keep this from happening to someone else.
With your permission of course...
Yes.... NO MATTER WHAT! You hear and see these stories all the time. I thought I could handle anything. Heck... I have handled a lot of motor cycles and cars with no problem. But its the time and circumstance that befalls us all that we cant escape. I would gladly let OldMiniBikes use my story if you think it would promote helmet use and over all safety. I will even write a paragraph to be used before the events of the crash.

Damn fox that looked terrible. I wish you a speedy recovery . I also had a life changing crash on a mini. It changes your prospective on things. Best wishes fox get better dude .
Thanks man. My first thought was to be just like you and get back on the horse. But its not worth the worry it would cause to those that still want the old man around for a little while longer. :laugh: I love these little things and prob would have had one soon that would give ya a race :laugh:

Having taken a fall where I cracked a helmet almost in half (came down on a jagged rock) and having nothing but the wind knocked out of me was proof enough for me that helmets work and should always be worn no matter what

Glad you are ok
WOW.... you got super lucky there. Thank goodness you were wearing a helmet. Funny thing is... I was just thinking about using my drag helmet to keep my ears warm. Instead I was using some smith and wesson ear protection. What a dumb ass I am :eek:ut:

Glad you are ok man. I guess I never think about wearing a helment on my minis. Maybe I need to give that a second thought now....
Please do give it more than a thought. I wasnt going very fast at all. Prob 10 to 15 mph tops!

nobody ever realizes how dangerous these bikes can be until something bad happens. and it does, it happens to everybody. i've had a few mishaps, scrapes and bruises. no one ever knows when the friggin throttle is gonna stick or something, and the next thing you know, you're hanging on for dear life, then wham! on your ass! my wife had a pretty bad spill last summer. It was actually the day I got the bike running. it took me about a month to finally get it. the thing was purring. I was riding up and down the block. she was out and when she got home, she gets out of the car with a big smile, "oh, you got it running, I wanna ride". I say hun have you ever ridin any kind of machine like this, a moped or something. she says no, but how hard can it be! I tell her alright listen. First thing, this cute little machine is dangerous. It's extremely hot in certain places. also If you get your fingers caught in a few spots you can kiss them goodbye! she says, "I got it, I got it. off she goes.... about 10 feet, right over the neighbors curb across the street, and heading for a tree. I can see she obviously is outta control and dont know what the f@#k she's doing All I can see is her heading face first into the tree. I start SCREAMING at her. Jump Off...just Jump off. Well she kinda lets the bike tip over on it's side, on top of her no less! she get up, Balling her eyes out, blood coming from her arms. Big scratches on her legs. I was so PISSED! Not only at her for no knowing what she was doing, but also I just got the thing running and now I have to start all over. all in all she didn't do any damage. just a little oil spilled out of the breather. she was more upset at herself for "ruining" the bike! ... thats it for her though, she'll never get on the thing again!!!!
Im glad she was OK. There is a little more than meets the eye to these little bikes. I had the same thing happen with my son. He crashed mine and we had to start over. THANK GOD his accident was just a little fender bender deal.

Damn! Glad your still with us! whew, thats powerful
Kinda shocking wasnt it Bro? I dam near bled out man. I dont know what kept me going on that long walk out of the woods.

Holy cow, you are one lucky man! Glad you're going to be OK.

My wife and kids are not too supportive of me riding these bikes either, especially the ones that are fast.

Hope all heals up and you have no lasting effects.:thumbsup:

Oh, and, Good Luck with your "fire" sale.
I think its easy to be lulled into thinking these are just little toys. Its just like any other machinery though. Respect and caution must be used.

I used to work at a Funeral home and have seen some messed up people, but never any thing like that, from someone I "know."
I need to get a helmets, one for my self and my son and wear them......
Please do. It would make me very happy if I knew that my experience could save someone from getting hurt like I did.

Well, I am convinced. My wife has been on my butt about this very subject. To the store I go. No more, I am just going up the street,I don't need a helmet. I know better but now I am convinced.
Glad your ok. That obviously was a wakeup call.
Wise man. Wise man my friend. Dont put it off. And make it a HARDFAST rule and habit.

Fox I hate to see you get out of minibikes. You really seemed to enjoy them. Maybe we should all chip in and get Fox a OldMiniBikes custom helmet. We can use Fox as an example to why to wear a helmet. I for one would like Fox to stick around.
LOL.... my wife says I should wear a helmet ALL the time now. :laugh:

Damn Fox, I have sat here for about a hour trying to decide to say anything or what to say if anything at all(as im in shock) and I want to say that I never wear a helmet even on my big bike, its not required here in ohio but i always make my kids wear one when they ride. (ya know..the dad thing and all) but this has really opened my eyes to the thought of anything can happen and it dont matter how experienced of a rider you are. So I want to say good luck to you and I wish you a very speedy recovery and My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Oh and i vow to never ride again without an helmet! Good luck to you Fox

Damn Fox, I have sat here for about a hour trying to decide to say anything or what to say if anything at all(as im in shock) and I want to say that I never wear a helmet even on my big bike, its not required here in ohio but i always make my kids wear one when they ride. (ya know..the dad thing and all) but this has really opened my eyes to the thought of anything can happen and it dont matter how experienced of a rider you are. So I want to say good luck to you and I wish you a very speedy recovery and My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Oh and i vow to never ride again without an helmet! Good luck to you Fox
That makes me feel good. It sucks that im the poster boy for what could happen. But now that its after the fact...its kinda like......

DO YOU WANT TO END UP LIKE ME?.......... Then wear a helmet. :laugh:

They did stitch me up real nice and put some staples in. I will post a pic of what I look like now later on tonight. They did a great job and ive been healing very well.

Speedy recovery to you. I still cannot believe the pic. Holy crap man. Someone was looking out for you that day. God Bless and spend some time with your family. Take some time off from mini's. Im just glad you're alive. Take care,
Sinner

Speedy recovery to you. I still cannot believe the pic. Holy crap man. Someone was looking out for you that day. God Bless and spend some time with your family. Take some time off from mini's. Im just glad you're alive. Take care,
Sinner
Thank you very much! Im not a deeply religious person. At least I havent been. But considering that I couldnt walk by myself at all once I got home.....I wonder how in the world I walked a mile and a half home by myself with all that blood loss and shock....... I think you may be right. It wasnt my time. The big guy in the sky may have a plan for me... who knows.

I do know the plan is not for me to be a gorgeous face model in GQ though. :laugh:

pomfish

WOW!
Glad you survived that injury. Scary stuff.

You just convinced me that I must always wear my helmet. I give my self excuses like, "it's only a quick ride through the field" or "Just once up the road".
I went down at night a few months ago on some loose stones at night at a slow speed and had lots of bruises but no head injury, but the point you make of still getting injury at low speeds is not lost on me.

I think the best way for me will be to put the helmet in the garage next to the bikes.

Here's hoping for a quick recovery,
Keith

WOW!
Glad you survived that injury. Scary stuff.

You just convinced me that I must always wear my helmet. I give my self excuses like, "it's only a quick ride through the field" or "Just once up the road".
I went down at night a few months ago on some loose stones at night at a slow speed and had lots of bruises but no head injury, but the point you make of still getting injury at low speeds is not lost on me.

I think the best way for me will be to put the helmet in the garage next to the bikes.

Here's hoping for a quick recovery,
Keith
Thanks Keith....... Hopefully this will be a vivid reminder of what can possibly happen. I knew I should be wearing a helmet but just kept putting it off. I always thought it would be the high speed crash that would be the booger. Imagine having an injury as severe as I have..... and telling people.....yeah... I was going about 10 on my mini bike and things got crazy.

:laugh: I really wish I had a more dramatic story to tell. This one is so not manly.

Big Jim

"Im not a deeply religious person. At least I havent been. But considering that I couldnt walk by myself at all once I got home.....I wonder how in the world I walked a mile and a half home by myself with all that blood loss and shock....... I think you may be right. It wasnt my time. The big guy in the sky may have a plan for me... who knows."

This is part of His plan, for you to inform us thick heads, to get our helmets on. You were watched, you should have passed out, you didn't.

I do know the plan is not for me to be a gorgeous face model in GQ though. :laugh:
Wow....really sorry you had to go through such an ordeal....BUT the important thing is your here to tell the story....:thumbsup:
If I can ask....how many stitches ??? I'm guessing a LOT...:eek:
To anyone who has never seen a deep gash to the forehead and the amount of blood that pumps out of it....let's just say it is NOT a pretty sight.

I had an accident at work this past summer and had to have my forehead and my nose stitch up. I had 6 stitches to my forehead (the gash was pretty much to the skull) and 6 in the bridge of my nose (had to pull the skin back up and together)
Despite looking like Frankenstein for a while....I took immaculate care of the wounds and kept them clean and "lubed up" with Neosporin. I also was told to massage the scar tissue so to speak after healing began and they were closed. This REALLY seemed to help.
It's going on 6 months since it happened, and the scarring is VERY minimal now. That's my best advice Fox.
Take care !!!

Wow....really sorry you had to go through such an ordeal....BUT the important thing is your here to tell the story....:thumbsup:
If I can ask....how many stitches ??? I'm guessing a LOT...:eek:
To anyone who has never seen a deep gash to the forehead and the amount of blood that pumps out of it....let's just say it is NOT a pretty sight.

I had an accident at work this past summer and had to have my forehead and my nose stitch up. I had 6 stitches to my forehead (the gash was pretty much to the skull) and 6 in the bridge of my nose (had to pull the skin back up and together)
Despite looking like Frankenstein for a while....I took immaculate care of the wounds and kept them clean and "lubed up" with Neosporin. I also was told to massage the scar tissue so to speak after healing began and they were closed. This REALLY seemed to help.
It's going on 6 months since it happened, and the scarring is VERY minimal now. That's my best advice Fox.
Take care !!!
Thanks for the advice. Sorry to hear about your accident as well. Apparently I had 2 plastic surgeons working on me. My wife said they stitched me and put me back together in layers. I had over 300 in the big gash and maybe 45 around the rest. I had 6 staples also. Man that really sucked!

When I laid my forehead open last year, I used a product called Scar Guard. It was similar to clear fingernail polish, but I put it on every evening when I got home from work, then again before bed. I kept the wound clean and used liquid vitamin E in the morning before leaving for work. I'm not sure which one worked, but the scar is much lighter than I had hoped. My head looks like it has worn out two bodies anyway, but I didn't want to add anymore scars than what I already had. Hang in there, the numb feeling will eventually go away as the nerves heal.

This thread is bringing a lot of helmet awareness. This lil hobby can get dangerous. I have seen and been in some bad mini bike recks in my time . My accident was in the street . I was cut off by a car . I got speed wobbles trying to stop . I didn't hit the car but I messed my self up bad.

This happend at 25 mph followed by a lot of road rash .I got lucky. I had no helmet on but tucked and rolled.
Doc said stop extreme activities and screws come out OR leave them and live like I useto . Screws been in for a year. I will never be 100%. I've worn my helmet since. No street riding either . (except on ana . No traffic but mini bikes)
Saftey first guys . Eyes and ears open. Be safe guys.

Last edited:
When I laid my forehead open last year, I used a product called Scar Guard. It was similar to clear fingernail polish, but I put it on every evening when I got home from work, then again before bed. I kept the wound clean and used liquid vitamin E in the morning before leaving for work. I'm not sure which one worked, but the scar is much lighter than I had hoped. My head looks like it has worn out two bodies anyway, but I didn't want to add anymore scars than what I already had. Hang in there, the numb feeling will eventually go away as the nerves heal.
Im so going to get some scar gaurd and vitamin E. I sure hope the feeling comes back. Its kinda wierd touching your head and only feeling a tingle.

This thread is bringing a lot of helmet awareness. This lil hobby can get dangerous. I have seen and been in some bad mini bike recks in my time . My accident was in the street . I was cut off by a car . I got speed wobbles trying to stop . I didn't hit the car but I messed my self up bad.

This happend at 25 mph followed by a lot of road rash .I got lucky. I had no helmet on but tucked and rolled.
Doc said stop extreme activities and screws come out OR leave them and live like I useto . Screws been in for a year. I will never be 100%. I've worn my helmet since. No street riding either . (except on ana . No traffic but mini bikes)
Saftey first guys . Eyes and ears open. Be safe guys.
Man ... I bet that hurt like hell. Those kinda look like drywall screws though. :laugh: