Old Mini Bike Magazine

I know it has been brought up before, so this is by no means a new idea, but why isn't there a magazine dedicated to old mini bikes? I am tired of buying issues of the many car magazines, hoping to catch a glimpse of a mini bike lurking in the corner of one of the photos. Who could be contacted to try and get this underway? Personally I have no experience in the publishing industry or have any contacts. I think the best way to do this would be to do a monthly or bi monthly publication (doesn't even have to have as many pages your typical Hot Rod magazine) that you could subscribe to. It could be a good advertising source for many of the venders here on OldMiniBikes as well as OldMiniBikes Warehouse? We could list all the upcoming mini bike events, and hell, we could even have a classified section for guys like Mac. I know it may sound like this is a alternative to this site, but it isn't, I just think that it would be a good read for us mini bikers. Plus it would be one heck of a bonus if one of our bikes showed up on the cover, right? :thumbsup: Anyway who would subscribe? and how do we get something like this going?

Neck

Growing up is optional
Ummmmmm, Isn't the OldMiniBikes much better than a magazine?! You see new projects all the time,
you see rare and vintage bikes, you see new bikes, you get to add your own input, and you don't have to wait for it month after month. What more could you want?

Ummmmmm, Isn't the OldMiniBikes much better than a magazine?! You see new projects all the time,
you see rare and vintage bikes, you see new bikes, you get to add your own input, and you don't have to wait for it month after month. What more could you want?
I totally agree with you Neck, but I like magazines, they are a great thing to read. I am not saying a magazine that has as much content as say Hot Rod, but something smaller. I know a few local car clubs in my area have small monthly magazines that have 2-3 small 1 page features and then do some advertising and have classifieds. I think it would be cool. But you are right Neck, OldMiniBikes is the ultimate and it can't be beat. :thumbsup:

I subscribed to MiniBikeGuide way back when.Even had a letter published.
Wish I still had 'em.
See, I am only 16 so I missed out on the Mini Bike Guide and Karting magazines, so I thought it would be a cool idea. I am thinking it will be something more along the lines of a magazine/newsletter. I will talk to Paul and see what advice he can give me.

gbones

when i 1st got my mini (bird duck) in the summer of '08, i went rite to Barns&Noble to find a magazine on mini bikes with no luck. a day or 2 later i found this site and havent looked back since. but a mini bike magazine would be cool, quarterly, bi-yearly:shrug:

OldMiniBikes is the best!!! But my laptop gets hot sitting on my legs when trying to take a poo....just saying...LOL!

I subscribed to MiniBikeGuide way back when.Even had a letter published.
Wish I still had 'em.
minimocko
Do you remember which issue you had your letter published it?
I have just about every issued published including mini cycle magz.
I'd be willing to scan your letter and post it in this thread..
Let me know..

OldMiniBikes is the best!!! But my laptop gets hot sitting on my legs when trying to take a poo....just saying...LOL!
Not to mention , If you get caught short you can't wipe your arse with a laptop. LOL [but I heard a story involving pink fibreglass insulation. EEWWW]
Rob.

minimocko
Do you remember which issue you had your letter published it?
I have just about every issued published including mini cycle magz.
I'd be willing to scan your letter and post it in this thread..
Let me know..
burrito,
I wish I could remember which issue it was in,can't even remember the cover.
But,here's some clues...
They had a previous article about the Dell Orto carb swap.It made mention of not running the govenor.

So I wrote to ask about how to hook up the govenor,and they replied that you couldn't;just don't rev it past the sound you were used to hearing...

minimocko
Nada no article about how to hook up the govenor,and they replied that you couldn't;just don't rev it past the sound you were used to hearing...