Original 1969 taco briggs

Maybe I'll try again, out of the three sets of identifying numbers stamped into my BS 5hp fan shroud the first is 130202 and is model #, second number is for "engine type" third is mfg date code. What was or is the code for "engine type" on a 1969 taco minibike designation? Lots of info in that code I could use, Hope that is clearer.

Last edited:
You would have to post the rest of the numbers stamped in order for me to tell you the year of your motor.
I have the original motor off my 69 Taco T100 and its a 130202 motor but the pull starter pulls straight up
and its the small rewind type. They are rare.

Last edited:
Briggs type

You would have to post the rest of the numbers stamped in order for me to tell you the year of your motor.
I have the original motor off my 69 Taco T100 and its a 130202 motor but the pull starter pulls straight up
I am looking for "type" I do know what I have, and know how to read the codes, I would like to find what the "type" code was used in 1969 for a mini bike, I don't have an original I am looking to setup a 70's Briggs but don't know the "type" to get the right throttle parts. "TYPE", Maybe I'm overthinking this but I am missing the throttle setup and don't like the "just make it work" approach. What are the "TYPE" numbers on your Original Briggs?

Rocco, it might help if you showed him how the original throttle was ran. I've had several 130202's, and all of them came with the lower tank mount which contained the lower throttle hook up/governor set up. But a lot of the bikes that came with those engines were rigged with the throttle bypassing the governor, entering from the back, clamped to the pulsa jet and affixed directly to the plate.

I think the better question would be, "what throttle setup did the T100 incorporate on the 130202?"

Rocco, it might help if you showed him how the original throttle was ran. I've had several 130202's, and all of them came with the lower tank mount which contained the lower throttle hook up/governor set up. But a lot of the bikes that came with those engines were rigged with the throttle bypassing the governor, entering from the back, clamped to the pulsa jet and affixed directly to the plate.

I think the better question would be, "what throttle setup did the T100 incorporate on the 130202?"
Yes, thank you I'm finding that the "engine type" has many variations of throttle control and was trying to find the right set up that way. I'm over thinking again, I just have seen a lot of "make it work" ideas that don't work for me. thanks Dave

This is how I did my Flexo Big Bear Scrambler. This is the test fitting, since that particular bike and rigging is not in the "make it work" category I hope. :laugh:

This set up works very well, and the Flexo with the 130202 came from the factory with not governor hooked up. GEM 1358 swivel and a compression spring I found in my parts bin. I had to slightly enlarge the pulsa jet plate to fit it.

my 5hp 69 taco t100 has the vertical pull start. and my throttle goes under the tank.

This is how I did my Flexo Big Bear Scrambler. This is the test fitting, since that particular bike and rigging is not in the "make it work" category I hope. :laugh:

This set up works very well, and the Flexo with the 130202 came from the factory with not governor hooked up. GEM 1358 swivel and a compression spring I found in my parts bin. I had to slightly enlarge the pulsa jet plate to fit it.

I have seen this, is that the only return spring? Thanks for the pic.