Oval Track Racers

This Saturday is the final race of the year at Perris.

The two biggest complaints minibikers have about dirt oval racing:
1) Wet track

2) Little ride time

Perris has:
1) A well groomed, smooth track with no mud or slick spots

2) Plenty of ride time: 2-3 practices, 2 - 10 lap heat races and 15 lap main

Simply put: This is the best place to race Oval Track

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I have been there, and seen the videos
Unless you have tires the size of a VW, with mud thread you will slide. If your minibike has a 4 foot or less wheelbase you will slide, if you motor makes over 15hp you will slide.

Signed: officially retired, until someone has a race on pavement, or something they don't have to add water to.

BTW I don't see why they don't just let a pure dirtbike race with the minibikes. That's what the oval track minibikes looks like anyway.

korndog

I have been there, and seen the videos
Unless you have tires the size of a VW, with mud thread you will slide. If your minibike has a 4 foot or less wheelbase you will slide, if you motor makes over 15hp you will slide.

Signed: officially retired, until someone has a race on pavement, or something they don't have to add water to.

BTW I don't see why they don't just let a pure dirtbike race with the minibikes. That's what the oval track minibikes looks like anyway.
I think this is a different track Charles.

Yea it is. I dont think you have seen this track Charles??? All new and all better. You slide if you want to. Very smooth no mud and not slippery. The Karts smooth the track no ruts!! You might just like it????? You should try it some time.

Rob, You've done a great job of arranging races and a few #1 finishes.
MBP, You Rock!
MDB, I agree. Water+ HP = pain sometimes?? My back is nearly done hurting after losing 10 pounds since 4/10.

Rob, Keep up the good work. Edwin will be back and lighter too!

TT :laugh:

Hey rpm good luck at this one wish I could make but burned all my vacation hunting this year but keep me up dated on next year shedule cause I will the at the first one you have.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I have been there before, and I have seen the videos. YES it's a NEW slippery track just like all the other slippery tracks.

When ever you have to water it down, it's not for me.

MiniBike Paul

OK Charles, it's not for you . . . . . but it is terrific because you can slide! It is smoooooth and no ruts, very good!

It will be interesting to see if without the rain it is as good - last time it was like moist but not wet, absolutely no mud on the bike!