Painting a plastic gas tank?

Wise, not so wise?
What kind of prep should be done, assuming lots of gas is probably embedded in the plastic?
What KIND of paint is best to use?

I'm sure that some paint, if not all would run immediately upon contact with gas.

Any thoughts, opinions, no no's, pros cons?

rustoleum makes spray paint for plastic, dont know if it will be damaged by gas. simply call them 1-800-323-3584. Or just try it and let us know lol, good luck

did it to my HS50 plastic gas tank. Wish I didn't. One spill with the gas and it ran and "melted" right off. I used silver High temp engine paint. Dont know if the plastic paint would be better.

did it to my HS50 plastic gas tank. Wish I didn't. One spill with the gas and it ran and "melted" right off. I used silver High temp engine paint. Dont know if the plastic paint would be better.
Krylon fusion does not like gasoline although they claim it chemically bonds with the plastic, used it on my SuperBronc tank and it went dull where the fuel hit it. This has and always will be an issue with fuel tanks, I suspect that the clear they use for auto detailing would be the thing you'd follow thew paint with. I've had to stop on the SB till I can get a suitable replacement carb but will have to repaint the tank and try something else. I'm going to ask my buddy what he uses under the hoods at his car lot, that crap is impervious to damn near anything.:shrug: