Painting plastic

I have taken the tank and fenders off my MB200 Baja to paint. I do not have a spray gun so I will have to use spray cans. Is there a different process for doing plastic vs. metal?:shrug: I sure would appreciate any tips and information you can pass along. Actually I do not have much experience with metal painting! Thanks for any and all help...Ray :confused: (here is my christmas present I need to install):wink:
[]OldMiniBikes.com Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Re-

Thanks PB! The scuffing part I was not sure of. What grit do I need, very lite?
Well I will read the web you posted thanks again...
:grind:

I have a pic of the bike in a photo design app. Trying out different paint colors that I might like. Decisions, Decisioins! :scared: Can't wait to get some paint and supplies...:grind:...Thanks again...Ray ( any suggestions?):shrug:

"Location: BEACH...one in Va."

I live at the beach. Thought all of the coast in Va. was beach. If you can what beach do you live? AND! One of the fenders is slightly warped, can I heat it and hope it will re-shape to default! Thanks for all your help!...:thumbsup:...Ray

Thanks buckeye! I saw a post before Christmas that your were from L.A.! It's great to have a fellow Balwin county boy on OldMiniBikes!:laugh: My girlfriend is a Lawyer in Fairhope on 98. I get up your way from time to time. She lives in Magnolia Springs. I'm 3 blocks from the marina in Bear Point. (to much info?) ha.:doah: See ya around... HAPPY NEW YEAR! Ray

My house after Dennis in 04. Hung in Mobile Bay forever!
:drinkup:

You're welcome.

As w any paint job, prep is key. Problem w plastic is how much it flexes in hot/cold and use. Using a good promoter or flex agent helps bond the paint used.

Flexible bumper primer is what I use on top of the adhesion promoter :thumbsup:
I'm just a backyard painter, what do I know :shrug:

"Location: BEACH...one in Va."

I live at the beach. Thought all of the coast in Va. was beach. If you can what beach do you live? AND! One of the fenders is slightly warped, can I heat it and hope it will re-shape to default! Thanks for all your help!...:thumbsup:...Ray

I think there is only one city in Virginia w/ Beach in the name. :wink:

It you heat your part enough, hold the shape you want then cool it w/ water, it may resume it's shape. Hard to say what shape your part is in.

joekd

Use your imagination and go nuts, the worst thing is you end up not liking it and sand it down again

This fender on my bike was done with rattle cans