Parade Boonie

jeep4me

I got invited to ride in the Pulaski Day parade this Saturday. This is a celebration of the Polish heritage in the Grand Rapids area. So, my wife is Polish and that kinda gives me the go ahead to spend a little money on fixing up a mini.

I had to make a flag pole holder to hold a P.O.W./M.I.A. flag. The theme of the parade is past/present/future soldiers.

So if you're in the GR area this weekend come by the parade route and check it out.

jeep4me

Very cool i hope you have fun dont forget to fill your tank
Already thought of that.:scooter:

I've been riding the Boonie around the neighborhood alot tonite, just to make sure that the bracket for the flag pole holder doesn't break or bend. So far, so good. I'm sure my neighbors have been wondering what I'm doing with that big ol' flag behind me.

jeep4me

Looks nice,:thumbsup: Now lets see the engine. Did you give that a wood grain finish.
Thanks everyone for the compliments!!

Yes, I did a wood grain on the engine covers. I used a wood graining kit that is made for steel entry doors. I couldn't use the graining tool, so I ended up just using the stiff bristled paint brush. The first time I ran the engine with the covers on it, it smoked like it had caught fire. I think it was just the chemicals in the paint burning off.

It looks Cool! :cool2:

I like to try that someday on a bike, I took this picture a couple of years ago at the Portland Indiana show of this Cushman, I like the color combo with the wood grain look he used on it.