Picked up a '68 Rupp C500 today

capguncowboy

At least, I think that's what it is. I saw it posted yesterday but the seller didn't answer when I called. When I finally got a hold of him, he said someone was on there way to look at it. He called me a couple of hours later and said he never showed up so I drove 2 hours each way this morning to grab it.

So it looks like it's mostly all there. Needs a seat, clutch guard and kickstand. Then the usual cables, tires, bearings, grips, peg covers, levers, throttle... man, that stuff adds up fast :laugh:

capguncowboy

Pretty nice! Looks solid and worthy of restoring. Amazing the original engine is in tact and not painted.
It has been painted :shrug:. I thought it was original at first, but the ID plate is too gummed up and the clutch guard bracket has been sprayed white. It wasn't a horrible job at least. I'll probably do a restoration on the engine eventually

Ding Ding

Ahh I see that now, I was wondering why the engine tag numbers looked so flat. Must have been painted many years ago as it has that original looking rust/patina. Still a nice score though. I wouldn't mind getting a small wheel Rupp some day.

Rupp 72

It would be the same engine as the XL and TT, Tecumseh H50, only difference is no lighting coil and no lighted flywheel. I'm not sure of the difference on the tag numbers however.

capguncowboy

I checked the plate and without cleaning the paint off, I can't tell for sure, but it looks like H50 65172H. The TT500 and XL500 models used 65151H, so that makes sense. Also, the serial looks like 8222 in case anyone cares