Picked up a Rupp Chopper

Rupp 72

Picked this Rupp Chopper up off Craigslist right away, got it all for 175 bucks:thumbsup: Should be a fun and easy bike to restore.

Rupp 72

Two Rupp Chopper finds in one week, What a small wold. What is cool is yours has a white engine and mine has the grey. I wonder if they used different color engines for different years or just used both in production?

delray

nice nate.........:thumbsup: believe i seen that bike too. not sure if you ever seen my little cub frame nate the last time you where over. still has the correct gold paint on it. i almost have everything for it to make it correct. just need the v seat and handle grips......:thumbsup:

markus

nice nate.........:thumbsup: believe i seen that bike too. not sure if you ever seen my little cub frame nate the last time you where over. still has the correct gold paint on it. i almost have everything for it to make it correct. just need the v seat and handle grips......:thumbsup:
I took a tracing of the base and profile of my cub seat when I took the bike apart to ship when I sold it, it was an NOS that was found when the bike got redone 5 or 6 years ago. I can get it up to Karen if you need it, Its basically a short Dart seat.

Rupp 72

We really need to get together again! especially for only living 5 miles away:laugh:

Anybody have the paint code for that color silver Tecumseh used? If not i can have a paint shop match it up

Rupp 72

Did some work on the chopper tonight. Checked out the original H25, has good spark and compression. I was also surprised to see that the clutch on it was a comet 2 speed, obviously not correct but will definitely come in handy on my TT500's. Before i could mount the engine i had to cut off a steel plate that was tacked to the frame for the throttle linkage on the predator. Usually frame modifications are a nightmare but this time it was nothing major. A multitool, a small grinder, a file and some sandpaper and it was good as new. I took of the shroud tank before i mounted the engine so when i had it running i was using a different gas tank. It runs quite well which is really exciting!

Rupp 72

I put some chrome rims on the chopper today in place of the silver painted ones. Also buffed out the chain guard. Turned out pretty good.

I picked up an NOS clutch for a good price, the correct small diameter drum and 11 tooth sprocket.
Well I'm glad that's who out bid me. I forgot all about that clutch bell auction. I'm glad we didn't bid against each other. I'll keep my eyes open for another one:thumbsup: