Picked up a T777

jeep4me

First off, a couple thank you's need to go out. One to counstevula for tipping me off about this bike and one to Brooklyn Bob for picking it up and storing it for me for a week.

Just made it down to Brooklyn, MI this morning to pick up this great T777 roller. I had forgotten just how big these bikes are. (note the size comparison to my Powell) I tried to fit it on the hitch hauler on the back of my Liberty, but it was just too big. So I had to take the handle bars off and wedge it inside, with me...:shrug:

The frame and fenders are darn near perfect. Bob said when he picked it up that it looked really nice, and he wasn't kidding.

The seat is just a little bit too poofy, by about 4":laugh:......KENNY!!!!

I put an 8hp Tec on it that I had, but not sure I'll use that one as the motor for this bike.

T-777

Awesome find, I love those bikes.
Nice to see one in Michigan rather than that other State to our South :laugh:

Thanks
Frankster

jeep4me

I put the finishing touches (for now) on the T777 yesterday and today.

I put an 8hp Tec w/lighting coil and tav setup on it. I stole this from the super bronc and will most likely keep it here on the T777. I mounted the exhaust to the rear fender like they do on the broncs. I'm using the seat that I picked up in Livonia last weekend, it's a little narrow but looks better than the couch cushion that was on there.

I found some cool foot peg covers at the flea market, they're NOS bicycle grips but they work perfect on here.

I still need to find the correct way to mount the gas tank, but the way I have it works and lets me ride it. Anybody with some pics of an original mounting bracket would be very helpful.

Once again, I'm surprised how fast these big bikes can go. This thing clips right along. And the brake setup on the tav locks up the back tire. The original brake on the rear hub doesn't work so well, and probably needs a new brake band. Glad I had this other setup.

buckeye

That's a nice bike Steve.:thumbsup:
Maybe if ya take the front fender down to Columbus, a real quarterback can sign it for you.:laugh:

Nice Buffalo! I'll try to get some pics of my gas tank and bracket out to you asap. Those band brakes on the rear wheel are practically worthless. I bought a new band, and scuffed up the drum, but it wasn't any better.