Point Taken

I don't carry a gun to kill people.
I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people.
I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.
I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy.
I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a
cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the
ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.
I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am
inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it.
I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful
to me.

Police Protection is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves.
Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the
crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Unknown author

I was arrested on june 5th for the 4th time transporting a loaded firearm, I'm not a convicted felon as an adult but cannot get a conceal and carry permit due to my juvinile record and the gun related nature of the offenses! I'd rather be caught with one than without, I'm currently out on bail awaiting trial and although it's a misdemeanor it will cost me dearly! I'm not a criminal but I am always armed, even as we speak my pistol is right mext to me! I carry a gun to insure my chances of getting home are as good or better than the next guy! I believe the right to bear arms in our great country is and has been under attack for quite some time, therefore I have hidden a small arsenal packed in cosmolene and buried in the event they come for my weapons! I see these current charges as a challenge to build a hidden compartment in my vehicle so as to not get caught again, but if I do I will pay the price once again! IMO it is worth the cost however high! I will be armed to the teeth till the day I die and will revolt if my right to bear arms is threatened, and I am far from alone! Old Dinger I believe I was born a century too late, but I'm an outlaw in the present day and will always be one! Ladies Love Outlaws! Believe that fellas!!!:hammer::hammer::hammer:

well it like the old saying remember kids when seconds count the cops are hours away .

i moved a while back and was having trouble with the guys next door i had all my buddys come and help me move. well 2 of my buddys girlfriends stayed to watch my place , i handed one of them a pistol and told them if someone trys to break in let them . one of them asks is it loaded ? i look at her and said well (racking the slide ) now it is ya cant shoot someone with a empty gun .
ya look at it this way i have a fire extinguisher ready to go im not planning on a fire . i have a full med kit,and tools not planning on a gaping wound . and i have a gun not planning to shoot someone. but ya know what?if any thing happens im ready . to at least try and fight whats happening :2guns:

i got a 12g shotgun with the shortest legal barrel with 00 buck right next to my door and a ruger lcp sits on my desk :shrug:

When my only daughter was very young the Rodney King riots broke out. I was married and I bought a Sig Sauer p230 380 Stainless Steel. I stupidly do not keep them loaded, however they are accessable.

It's really a shame they are trying to take our guns away from us!

Now my daughter is 14. She know's the power of a firearm.

Serious collector'

Benelli Sport 2 28" 12 guage
Benelli M-4 with extension 12 guage
Sig Sauer P220 Stainless Steel 45 caliber
Remington 870 pump Monty Carlo 12 guage 30" Full choke
Sig Sauer P230 Stainless Steel
****Smith and Wesson Model 500 6" 50 caliber Stainless Steel killer. ***
900 pound safe called Patriot....

Now. If I could only see out of my left eye I COULD COMPETE.....

TT

ENJOY YOUR FREEDOM IT COSTS DEARLY.

LIKED THE POEM. :shrug: WHO ME? NAW I'M A LOVER NOT A FIGHTER!

I have to admit that most of my guns do not see daylight since moving to the suburbs. Used to be I never left the house without one. Still, it's nice to know they are nearby. As far as recreational shooting goes, there are few things more exhilarating than combat action shooting. Haven't done an IDPA match in many years, but man what fun.

Neck

Growing up is optional
I learned to shoot and respect guns at a very young age, I was given my first bb gun at age 9. I was given my first rifle at age 13. I hunted Dove, Deer and Pig with my dad before all that.

At a young age (about 18) I was held up at gun point working in a convenience store, there was a loaded 38 special under the counter (my boss made sure I knew that!)

I emptied the cash register into a bag as the man instructed me to do so, When the register was empty, he said now give me whats under the counter, now at that point, I had a very important decision to make! do I bend down and unload the cylinder into this guy or do I show him the drop safe at the end of the counter? Well.....I had what I had to presume was a loaded gun pointed at my head, so I pointed at the safe, and with disgust the dude told me to lay down on the floor and don't move till he was gone, or he would blow my freaking head off. Well we both survived that night, do I regret it? No.... 87 bucks is not worth killing or dying for.

I'm sorry we live in a society where people feel they have to carry a gun, but that's just the way it is, I can't fault anybody for it that but the criminals. \

If carrying a gun gives you a feeling of security....great! It just seems to me, if you don't have it on your belt, by the time you get to it, it'll be too late.

All post are valid to each persons view. To me I see it as each of us live in a place that is changing from what our memory of conditions were when we moved there. A lot of facts are the your lifestyle may be just that you have more exposure to the violence by need to exist or just the nature of the environment you surround your life with.
I personally try to avoid areas that have a more criminal element present, I don't drink or smoke so the constant need to go out to the quick stop markets and such places is not a factor. Being a renter now for over 25 years would have it's advantages if I felt so in jeopardy that my overall safety would be an issue I could move. Unlike so many that are stuck in their area because of the home they have invested in or a job that keeps them anchored in one place.
I say I'm not afraid answer no, am I armed yes you bet, will I defend myself you can count on it. So I think everyone must take an evaluation of how exposed to the violent issues that they a there family are confronted with.
Steve :scooter:

I learned to shoot and respect guns at a very young age, I was given my first bb gun at age 9. I was given my first rifle at age 13. I hunted Dove, Deer and Pig with my dad before all that.

At a young age (about 18) I was held up at gun point working in a convenience store, there was a loaded 38 special under the counter (my boss made sure I knew that!)

I emptied the cash register into a bag as the man instructed me to do so, When the register was empty, he said now give me whats under the counter, now at that point, I had a very important decision to make! do I bend down and unload the cylinder into this guy or do I show him the drop safe at the end of the counter? Well.....I had what I had to presume was a loaded gun pointed at my head, so I pointed at the safe, and with disgust the dude told me to lay down on the floor and don't move till he was gone, or he would blow my freaking head off. Well we both survived that night, do I regret it? No.... 87 bucks is not worth killing or dying for.

I'm sorry we live in a society where people feel they have to carry a gun, but that's just the way it is, I can't fault anybody for it that but the criminals. \

If carrying a gun gives you a feeling of security....great! It just seems to me, if you don't have it on your belt, by the time you get to it, it'll be too late.
Horrible story NECK; I've been robbed at gunpoint and knifepoint before too.

I pretty much feel the same way you do about it at this point. I support it, but I don't particularly like it. Yeah, it's true that the gun in the glove box or your pocket probably won't save your life, but it seems it might have a deterrent effect in the carry states.

Thank you Lord for blessing me with the wisdom and knowledge to keep my noise out of the neighbors business. Oh and the arm cannons and balls of steel are right up there too. :bowdown: Amen.

I live in Stockton California..

I carry a concealed illegally 100% all the time .45 snub nose revolver. My wife does as well .25acp pistol 8 round clip. I take it on bike rides with my family, into the grocery marts,movies etc.. There are CRAZY people out there and I ain't one of them..

Like someone stated above . I would rather have one than WISH I had one.

If I get caught I get caught. I'm not out there threatening everyone with it. I'm a responsible owner as is my wife. We are grown responsible sane adults. I told her If someone wants her car.. Give it up.. Money/purse/etc.. just give it up politely and willingly. Like you don't care. Anytime you feel you are in life threatening imminent danger or they try to kidnap you,Fight for your life and shoot to kill. I told her NEVER let a thief know you have a weapon from the start. Do not draw it unless you plan to fire.

As far as home defense.. You come in my house to rob/steal. You are a dead man. I have several throw downs Just for this purpose.

Last edited:
I don't carry a gun to kill people.
I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people.
I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.
I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy.
I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a
cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the
ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.
I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am
inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it.
I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful
to me.

Police Protection is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves.
Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the
crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Unknown author
I agree. Have Glock will travel and I purposely avoid states that don`t honor my Indiana license to carry a handgun.

Oldsalt

Want some unaskedfor advice from an old man?

NEVER apply for a conceled wepon permit. Then the dolts will then have your name and number. The first knocks on the first doors will include your house.

Make a galvanized 'chute' that when mounted under the dash of your auto contains a pistol. The chute will look exactly like a stock car part that belongs there but will have a cotter pin or some such device to release the pistol onto the floor. Can't be seen unless a person lays on the floor and has a flashlight and knows what he is lookng for. If it is installed in a used car and contains a wepon never associated with you and it is somehow discovered [not likely] you can say you didn't know it was there and it was put there by a previous owner! You'll walk.

Buy no new wepons that are registured in your name. Buy used, private sales. When the time comes, and the Obummer people continue to push hard for it, you will be the first group contacted.

The best way to store a gun long term is to use a large diameter PVC pipe with properly glued on end caps and buried three feet deep. But not on your property.

Buy as much reloading supplies as you will need for the rest of your life. Powder, primers and etc. The effort by the limp wrested queers is to start with controlling and banning all ammunition first then go to banning the hardware next.

If you wish to ever own a .50 caliber rifle do it now. The idiots in government will soon consider limiting firearms to the smaller calibers.

Young folks: Don't mess with drugs....get busted with even weed and you may never again be allowed to own ANY firearm. A felony is a felony and will fix you up permanately. Is it worth it? Hell no. I know several people that made that mistake but still target shoot and hunt but only with fear of being found out. For the rest of their lifes!

NEVER apply for a conceled wepon permit. Then the dolts will then have your name and number. The first knocks on the first doors will include your house.

Buy no new wepons that are registured in your name. Buy used, private sales. When the time comes, and the Obummer people continue to push hard for it, you will be the first group contacted.

The best way to store a gun long term is to use a large diameter PVC pipe with properly glued on end caps and buried three feet deep. But not on your property.

Buy as much reloading supplies as you will need for the rest of your life. Powder, primers and etc. The effort by the limp wrested queers is to start with controlling and banning all ammunition first then go to banning the hardware next.

If you wish to ever own a .50 caliber rifle do it now. The idiots in government will soon consider limiting firearms to the smaller calibers.

Young folks: Don't mess with drugs....get busted with even weed and you may never again be allowed to own ANY firearm. A felony is a felony and will fix you up permanately. Is it worth it? Hell no. I know several people that made that mistake but still target shoot and hunt but only with fear of being found out. For the rest of their lifes!
Good advice. I like the chute idea. Nice 107

I too have found myself in the group you speak of.
I got my first bb gun when I was 6 , my first bow when I was 7 and my first shotgun when I was 9. I shot competitve skeet as a young boy and was damm good at it too.
I went through my entire young life without ever getting in trouble. During the mid 90's I got married to my ex-wife. she was a pot smoker, 7 years younger than me, I had outgrown that stage a long time prior. She smoked like a chimmney so I decided to buy in bulk for her so it was cheaper. I had my own business at the time, and lets just say that Uncle Sam didn't know about my earnings so I had alot of money at the time. I also had friends that were gun fanatics. So I decided to invest my earnings in guns (alot of them) I went to all the local gun shows buying every un registered gun I could afford lol, I looked at it as an investment as well, because guns never really depreciate. Well I also made the mistake of loaning money to a guy that was living with my wifes best friend and were supposedly getting married. Needless to say they broke up and he decided that he no longer had to pay me back. So I harrassed him daily !!!. His ex girlfriend told me she had the keys and title to his van. So I took it legally. Then he proceeds to call the local drug enforcment agency and tell them that I was a dealer with an arsenol of guns , and I threatened his life. They got a warrant and raided my house. Long story short I got 2 felonies out of the deal. I took the blame to keep my then pregnant wife outta trouble.Now I have no rights, and am constantly denied employement because of it. Needless to say she shortly thereafter divorced me lol .:hammer:So now I cant own guns which really sucks , because I honestly do enjoy them. and I fear our goverment more than the criminals .:shrug:

This is how f__d up the gun laws in Oklahoma are! I was in fact convicted of several felonies as a juevinile, but they're not on my police record OSBI background check and I can legally buy a firearm! But I was denied a conceal permit do to my juevinile record! The powers that be say that they can consider all issues and deny someone with no record at all on a case by case basis! WTF is that? To be fair I did commit a weapons related felony at 16yrs old where someone was injured very badly, but we were both armed and both charged. My records are sealed to the public but can be accessed by the OSBI and federal authorities, as I said earlier I am awaiting trial on a transporting a loaded firearm charge, my fourth one to date! A damn misdemeanor but still it carries a $500 fine and up to 6 months in jail so my lawyer is trying to get me a good deal hopefullly with no jailtime! And again I say, I will continue to carry pistol except where even folks with permits cannot cary one such as banks and post offices! But everywhere else you can bet I'll be armed, like RARECRX said there are some crazy people out there me being one but I would never do someone harm if they dont have it coming! And in Oklahoma we can kill someone inside our home in the event of a break in or home invasion etc. it's called the make my day law! I love that one!:thumbsup: