Point Taken

Oldsalt

That's bad news Supernova. It is surprising how some states have really dumb laws when there is no need for them. I moved from Fresno CA about two decades ago and it took two years here in Walla Walla WA before I realized it was not necessary to have my .380 Backup in my sock just to go to an ATM. It's easier in some areas of the country. I don't pack anymore now that I live here. But if I leave town.........

That's bad news Supernova. It is surprising how some states have really dumb laws when there is no need for them. I moved from Fresno CA about two decades ago and it took two years here in Walla Walla WA before I realized it was not necessary to have my .380 Backup in my sock just to go to an ATM. It's easier in some areas of the country. I don't pack anymore now that I live here. But if I leave town.........
HAHA.. Then you can totally understand why I illegally conceal here in Stockton.. Fresno is pretty bad as well in some areas.. Freaking Gangs everywhere.

Funny My wife wants to move to Camas Washington sooo bad. Crime is everywhere , but Stockton area is ranked almost top spot in crime nationally per population.

Want some unaskedfor advice from an old man?

NEVER apply for a conceled wepon permit. Then the dolts will then have your name and number. The first knocks on the first doors will include your house.

Make a galvanized 'chute' that when mounted under the dash of your auto contains a pistol. The chute will look exactly like a stock car part that belongs there but will have a cotter pin or some such device to release the pistol onto the floor. Can't be seen unless a person lays on the floor and has a flashlight and knows what he is lookng for. If it is installed in a used car and contains a wepon never associated with you and it is somehow discovered [not likely] you can say you didn't know it was there and it was put there by a previous owner! You'll walk.

Buy no new wepons that are registured in your name. Buy used, private sales. When the time comes, and the Obummer people continue to push hard for it, you will be the first group contacted.

The best way to store a gun long term is to use a large diameter PVC pipe with properly glued on end caps and buried three feet deep. But not on your property.

Buy as much reloading supplies as you will need for the rest of your life. Powder, primers and etc. The effort by the limp wrested queers is to start with controlling and banning all ammunition first then go to banning the hardware next.

If you wish to ever own a .50 caliber rifle do it now. The idiots in government will soon consider limiting firearms to the smaller calibers.

Young folks: Don't mess with drugs....get busted with even weed and you may never again be allowed to own ANY firearm. A felony is a felony and will fix you up permanately. Is it worth it? Hell no. I know several people that made that mistake but still target shoot and hunt but only with fear of being found out. For the rest of their lifes!
I`m fortunate to live in a state that doesn`t require registration but I do need to spend some time at the reloading bench.

What does the "do you feel lucky punk" law say.
It says if an intruder is inside your home you can shoot and kill them with no legal issues! It's happened many times since the law was passed! We also have a stand your ground law that says if someone makes you fear for your life on the street you can end thier life, there is more of a burden of proof in this law but if you have witnesses no problem! If they're inside your home you have to prove nothing but that they were in fact inside!

Oldsalt

HAHA.. Then you can totally understand why I illegally conceal here in Stockton.. Fresno is pretty bad as well in some areas.. Freaking Gangs everywhere.

Funny My wife wants to move to Camas Washington sooo bad. Crime is everywhere , but Stockton area is ranked almost top spot in crime nationally per population.
If you can do it MOVE. In my book she has it right.

Camas would be nice. I left Fresno two decades ago because I adopted a youngster and could not bring myself to put him in public school there. No way. Found a job here, dumped my 49% in a business, sold the house [left the furnishings] and a couple of cars, gave away a LOT of early Ford parts and etc. and split to Walla Walla. As I was a single parent there was no one here that I knew and all my friends were 900 miles away. I was lonely for awhile. But I'd do it again, only I'd do it sooner! When I go back to Fresno to visit less fortunate friends and have to look at the infestations of creeps there I realize that the best advice for anyone continueing to live there is the same as the best advice for solders at the Battle of the Little Big Horn. "Save the last bullet for yourself!"

Wife wants to move

What does Camas , Washington have that is better than Stockton, California
well the list is long but if you have a job locked up and can stand the climate change it's a great place to end up.
Steve :scooter:

380??? What are you trying to do Jesse? Wound them? Get yourself a REAL gun. .45 ACP says it all. Ogy

LMAO :2guns::gun_bandana::gunsmilie:

Unfortunately the only guns I can carry now is the 2 guns connected to my shoulders. But my house has a weapon in every corner. Be it a bat, knife , hammer, axe ect.....I just dont make them as obvious as I used too.

I have jumped outta my car several times and called out a car load of hood rats for cutting me off or riding my ass. I guess I have the crazy thing going for me because I haven't been shot yet lol. But that was before I had kids, so now I have to pick my battles, And now I have something to live for.:hammer::hammer::hammer:

380??? What are you trying to do Jesse? Wound them? Get yourself a REAL gun. .45 ACP says it all. Ogy
I love a .45 but sometimes they're a bit diffficult to conceal! You got the right idea though Ogy! Bigger is better and the compact .45's are not much bigger than a .380 the only drawback being magazine capacity. But if you gotta shoot a .45 more than once maybe twice, you might be in more trouble than you bargained for! In all fairness a .380 is a decent conceal and carry weapon but a 9mm is essentially the same size gun but packs more punch! If I had to choose an all around great weapon that's easy to conceal and shoot, I'd have to choose my Glock22 .40 caliber! An awesome weapon!

DMR

I love a .45 but sometimes they're a bit diffficult to conceal! You got the right idea though Ogy! Bigger is better and the compact .45's are not much bigger than a .380 the only drawback being magazine capacity. But if you gotta shoot a .45 more than once maybe twice, you might be in more trouble than you bargained for! In all fairness a .380 is a decent conceal and carry weapon but a 9mm is essentially the same size gun but packs more punch! If I had to choose an all around great weapon that's easy to conceal and shoot, I'd have to choose my Glock22 .40 caliber! An awesome weapon!
I use the Glock .45 ACP compact, when I lived in CA my neighbor was SWAT, he always gave me ammunition so I have got it loaded with Government Issue Hollow Points. Put a Crimson Trace laser sight on it, very pleased. Its cool how all the minibikers are into the same stuff, muscle cars, hot rods, guns. It seems like we all have the same political views as well. Pretty Neat.

I use the Glock .45 ACP compact, when I lived in CA my neighbor was SWAT, he always gave me ammunition so I have got it loaded with Government Issue Hollow Points. Put a Crimson Trace laser sight on it, very pleased. Its cool how all the minibikers are into the same stuff, muscle cars, hot rods, guns. It seems like we all have the same political views as well. Pretty Neat.
A great weapon! I've only owned one Glock firearm the Glock22 but have fired the Glock30 and it's amazingly stable for a .45 caliber weapon!

DMR

A great weapon! I've only owned one Glock firearm the Glock22 but have fired the Glock30 and it's amazingly stable for a .45 caliber weapon!
yes I agree, it is accurate when firing quickley because the kick is not like muzzle climb. when you fire, instead of the barrel moving up, it moves back, keeping you on target.

Oldsalt

A 1911 style .45 is very hard to beat especially if you are bulky enough to pack it. Actually impossible to beat and people and companies have been trying for a century to make something better. Maybe a couple of wrinkles are new but nothing of substance. Such as a double action feature. Stupid unless it is to be carried by cops and the limp wrested liberials get upset if a gun is carried with one in the chamber. In any case it is as powerful as will ever be needed. If thinner than the Glock, and all other autoloaders of large caliber, by a whole bunch. It is a whole bunch lighter. Why in the hell would a guy want a pistol that had such a fat grip, just to carry 12 or more rounds in the clip, the fat handles don't work for anyone except for folks with really large hands. In any case if I have a total of 7 rounds I feel comfortable with that. Is made in some very short lengths and heights. Is proven reliable by 100 years of use. It has the simplist design and nothing ever goes haywire as in clones that have far too many parts. Has less muzzle rise due to the barrel being very low in comparison to the hand. Has the correct grip angle so that it 'points' without looking. Has the quickest safety. Carried with one in the hole it is the quickest for getting off the first shot. A person, armed with any other handgun, going into a gun fight against a .45 Colt, other things being equal, will die. Ammunition is cheap. There can't be anything cheaper to reload. Buying primers 1000 at a time and useing free wheel weight lead the price per round cost pennys. It was designed by the greastest gun designer the world has ever seen; John Moses Browning.

DMR

A 1911 style .45 is very hard to beat especially if you are bulky enough to pack it. Actually impossible to beat and people and companies have been trying for a century to make something better. Maybe a couple of wrinkles are new but nothing of substance. Such as a double action feature. Stupid unless it is to be carried by cops and the limp wrested liberials get upset if a gun is carried with one in the chamber. In any case it is as powerful as will ever be needed. If thinner than the Glock, and all other autoloaders of large caliber, by a whole bunch. It is a whole bunch lighter. Why in the hell would a guy want a pistol that had such a fat grip, just to carry 12 or more rounds in the clip, the fat handles don't work for anyone except for folks with really large hands. In any case if I have a total of 7 rounds I feel comfortable with that. Is made in some very short lengths and heights. Is proven reliable by 100 years of use. It has the simplist design and nothing ever goes haywire as in clones that have far too many parts. Has less muzzle rise due to the barrel being very low in comparison to the hand. Has the correct grip angle so that it 'points' without looking. Has the quickest safety. Carried with one in the hole it is the quickest for getting off the first shot. A person, armed with any other handgun, going into a gun fight against a .45 Colt, other things being equal, will die. Ammunition is cheap. There can't be anything cheaper to reload. Buying primers 1000 at a time and useing free wheel weight lead the price per round cost pennys. It was designed by the greastest gun designer the world has ever seen; John Moses Browning.
Yeah, I have a Colt M1911 and it is extremely easy to put lead down range quickley and accurately. It is probably my favorite handgun out of my collection. It also seems to fit my hand extremely well.:thumbsup:

A 1911 style .45 is very hard to beat especially if you are bulky enough to pack it. .
I agree. It's funny how things change in the gun world. Back in the 80's people thought I was nuts to hang on to my old school ideas about SA .45's. I could argue till I was blue in the face, but to no avail. I was just stuck with my Jeff Cooper mindset, they thought. Now it seems many people have pretty much gone full circle on the old guns. I have to admit though; I found myself slipping a 5 shot .38 with +p's in my pocket more often than anything else.

Oldsalt

I agree. It's funny how things change in the gun world. Back in the 80's people thought I was nuts to hang on to my old school ideas about SA .45's. I could argue till I was blue in the face, but to no avail. I was just stuck with my Jeff Cooper mindset, they thought. Now it seems many people have pretty much gone full circle on the old guns. I have to admit though; I found myself slipping a 5 shot .38 with +p's in my pocket more often than anything else.

As usual with all my posts, I overstated my case with the .45. But yesterday a friend accquired a Colt Defender in .45, a rather nice stainless stubby, and he and I went up in the mountains, where my hobby shop is being built, to try it out. As I reciently and cheaply acquired a .40 S&W, USED of course, I toted it along to have something to make my own noise with. With one guy firing and the other loading a clip we took turns with the guns. I gotta say that rapid fire or slow fire, with both pistols useing 'factory' ammo, the stubby Defender .45 sure seemed to be the better weapon if the task at hand were to break some fool's "chain of thought". So I'll continue with my bias toward a .45 Colt design. After the big change, years ago by peace officers to 9mm, the truth has certinally come out. Don't be getting into a gun fight useing a 9mm against a guy with a .45. As you said, now things have sorta gone full circle. The one and only reason the U.S. military went to 9mm sidearms was to comply with the NATO arms compatability agreement made years ago with our goofy Europian "allies". Except for GB them queers never were and never will be our allies, but I digress.