Powell 5670 E model clean up and engine adjustment

Like the title says this is just going to be a cleaning up and engine modifications. I swear that's all no cutting or grinding or replacing of parts .
This model E I have was taken apart by the original owner ( who I bought it from ) repainted and new motors installed in 1993 . The original motors were blown up by his sons , I say motors because he had two this E and a H model . Me and Jesse bought them both from the guy. I have the original spark arrester and the tail light and the lighted flywheel off the HS 40 that came on it . So this is what's going to happen here since the bike is in excellent shape from the first restore I will not touch it is far as paint and the chrome , the front end is in perfect shape considering its age , 45 years old .
But the motor since its not the original TECH , well then the gloves are off . I have a ARC billet rod for it and i'am going to get in touch with Tim Isky about a cam for it .

If you haven't got the replacement axle and driven pulley bearings yet, try these.

They fit perfectly, look perfect for the Powell, and don't cost the astronomical amount folks sell "Powell" bearings for.

Looks like a electronic ignition engine. You can buy a hot coil for it on Ebay tecumseh ignition 36605k eBay item number:

I have decided to go another route with my Powell . The motor is going as per original plans but will be blasted and painted . The frame and swing arm will be going to powder coat . color will be as close to the original red as possible. The forks , I was thinking about new chrome but at 500 dollars nope . So they will be cleaned up and polished, they are in great shape for there age .
I know what I said about leaving it sorta original but what the hell it's needs to be shiny and look good .

I got the frame taken apart today so I can take it to the powder coater tomorrow. Also got everything else disassembled to be able to sand blast it . The brake assembly and seat bracket and the belt tensioner wail be painted . The wheels , aluminum side blasted and the steel side left alone as the sliver finish looks fine .
The motor will be white or as close to a tech color as I can fined . But the fins will be hit with a sanding drum to have an aluminum finish .

Got my new tires today , they are the same shinko 421 tires that I put on the Daytona bonanza . They also have a 62 MPH speed rating , will never see it but it's there . The original tires on it now are still there gotta try to get them off without cutting them , this will be some work .

Yea Vic there split rims , but one half is aluminum and the other steel . As far as I know it's been 22 years since they have been apart . Aluminum and steel will bond over time and be very hard to separate . So I have to be very careful taking them apart . If any part gets broke they are irreplaceable.

It's okay if you break the sprocket side. Carplay has a chrome one with new brake band for sale. ;) I can say that, because it's in my garage atop the swamp cooler.

I had to cut one of the two tires off the rim. Just wasn't happening due to the dissimilar metal corrosion.