Powell 5670 E model clean up and engine adjustment

capguncowboy

Also you gotta love east TN when you can get a Powell frame sandblasted and coated for 125 dollars
Which shop did you use? The local guys here wanted almost $300 to coat a 1970 Rupp Roadster frame, which is about half the surface area of your bike, and I cleared the old paint myself.

The bike is coming along great David

Andy the place is called ABJ in merryville Tn . From what I've seen 120 or so is there number on mini's . And actually if it would have been sandblasted it would have been like 80 bucks .
The other Powell frame I took there was the same 40 for blasting the rest is powder .
Hell I could almost have a side business powder coating at those prices . Send me your frame and I'll get it done for 200 .LOL

capguncowboy

Thanks for the info. I'm actually sending it to Tim (TXPowderCoater) in Texas on this one. With shipping, I should still be under $200 on everything.

I just wish there was someone a little more local that I could take my stuff to. Maryville's about 2 hours from me...

Yes doggie it is , it's duplicolor enamel engine paint . Whis is not that great of a paint , but the 2K clear will make it bullet proof . It's a two part epoxy that gets mixed in the can when you release the red button on the bottom .
You then have 48 hours to use , because it sets in the can after that .

I've got a lot done in the last few days , all the paint is done and clear applied . Also got the wheels and tires together and mounted on the bike .
And half the drive system on and the seat too .

Nice your painting skills are impressive, what are you using for a spray setup?
Ole the frame is powder coat and all the silver and white is spray can , duplicolor engine white and just silver enamel on the wheels .
For the clear coat I used spraymax 2k high gloss clear , which is a part part epoxy paint .

Thanks Randy , yea the bearings are killer . The bolts well what can I say . I was thinking of stainless one but then these are what we're in it when I got it , so they stay . I did shine them up with the wire wheel though . I'll try to do better tomorrow .

I got the motor mounted and running today , have some small stuff to do .
Also have to try to fab up a throttle assembly . I'am not running the GOV so not using the linkage , so have no way, to hook up the cable .
I want to use my Powell throttle and cable so I'll have to figure something out . The motor for what little I ran her sounded great . With the dyno 255 cam and a little off the head , didn't sound like it did the last time I ran it .

your duplicolor engine paint job looks better than my sprayed on single stage ureathane!! I bought a can of duplicolor white engine enamel and I tested it on a piece of sheet steel and it sprayed like it had sand it in!! First time I ever saw anything like that out of a spray can. Must be a bad can going to return it.