Power Products Engine

Hey guys, some of you may have seen the Bremer MiniSscoot I got awhile back. It was made in 1941-42 and the info I have say it came w/ different engines, those being a Briggs 2 1/2 and also a Power Products 2 cycle (HP?). I took a shot and bought an Ebay Power Products Model 1000, SN is 83249 W33 and it has a Tillotson MB6A carb. Any idea what I got? I know it is probably not period correct but neither is the B&S that's on the Scoot. I just thought the all aluminum motor would look better. Look forward to your answers as I know nothing about PP engines.

Thanks, Fred

It's a power products motor, back in the day they used to be a great karting motor. I have a 1942 Tillotson, it is different than your but mine is a 2.3hp 2 stroke. Mine was off a old lawnmower. Power Product was bought by Tecumseh in the '60s (I think). I have a old service/owners manual as well as part #'s for Power Products motors, but I looked through my stuff and don't have the literature for one like yours. I think yours could be newer than the ones I have because mine don't have a shroud. Here's a pic of mine.

Well I did some research online. The Model 1000 was the first Power products made and they started building them in 1946. In "52 they started making other models and became popular with the military and also made the first rotary mower. In '57 Tecumseh bought them out and the Power Products moniker appeared in small print below either Tecumseh or Lauson until it eventually disappeared. So my dilemma is the Bremers were made from '41 to '45 and the 1st year of the Power Products was "46 but my info indicates the Power Products was one of the engines used as well as a 2 1/4 B&S w/ recoil.

Fred