Predator 212 Feels like it has too much compression

I was just reading a post like this but it was a little different. So I put on my air filter, adapter, breather, new header and 18 lb springs, after tightening the rocker arms, I broke one and bent the rods. So I put the stock springs back in and rockers and rods from another honda clone. But The pull start is still almost impossible to start at one point, and still hard at others. I got the engine to start twice, but my arms hurt so bad, I couldn't hit the throttle. Please help, thanks, hunter

no decompression

If you've gone to the other extreme and set your valves to loose, the de-compression lug on your cam will be in-effective, For the decompression to work properly it is imperative that the valves (Exhaust valve for sure) be set right. Like i told the other dude you can make a feeler gauge from a pop can, the aluminum in a pop can is 0.003'' thick.
Set the valves at TDC start of power stroke not on the over-lap.

buckeye

Be easy on yourself. I can barely get tires on rims.:laugh:

Just take your time and do some research and don't afraid to ask questions.
You'll get it.

If you've gone to the other extreme and set your valves to loose, the de-compression lug on your cam will be in-effective, For the decompression to work properly it is imperative that the valves (Exhaust valve for sure) be set right. Like i told the other dude you can make a feeler gauge from a pop can, the aluminum in a pop can is 0.003'' thick.
Set the valves at TDC start of power stroke not on the over-lap.
Ok thanks a bunch, I'll update you and tell you if I get it right

I had this same issue when I built my first predator last year! I had one guy sit on the bike with I tried to pull the recoil. after breaking two recoils we just used a drill to start it. After a few adjustments since then it's pretty smooth. The combination of breaking in and adjusting the valves a few times makes it feel like a stock predator now.

You can set the valves with out a feeler gauge, I do . I set these motors right at zero lash , tighten it till it's barely any movement . These motors set at three thou will open up a few when hot and then be to much .