PREDATOR ENGINE stalling?????????

i cant open the choke once my engine is warm. it runs great but i dont think it is good to be running it without the choke open.
any ideas?

I see the air filter , looks like stock muffler , when you allow more air to the engine it requires more fuel , choking it is just restricting the air back to factory condition with the very restrictive air box ! You have to rejet the carb , very simple . Search is your best friend , a lot of info for doing this ! I say put the stock air box back on , order a header and jet kit from OldMiniBikes then put it back together !

the bike was filthy when i got it. when i ran it with the stock air box it did the same thing. could it be a dirty carb? or bad gas?

cxbra

You need to re-jet that carb with the aftermarket air intake my friend! What you are experiencing is caused by too much air getting into the engine, not enough fuel. Your engine is ingesting so much air that your engine is trying to run off of air alone when the choke is off! Re-jet or re-drill the jet. If you choose to drill the jet yourself, make sure to take your time and try not to make the hole too big or you will be getting too much fuel. I re-drilled my stock jet myself with no measurements and it runs like a beast now at all rpms. Before, it had bad and jerky throttle response.

i cleaned my carb today and it runs so much better. actually got it to rev up. runs perfect at 3/4 open choke. full choke it stumbles. to me i need more fuel. will a bigger main jet do the trick? fun fun:laugh: