Predator started having low speed idle issue

I have a 6.5 predator that has six months use on it. Today my son and I were riding like we do every day, we had about 3/4 or a mile on the ride and when I let the gas off to take a curve, the engine idled up and down like it was trying to keep going, and stalled. Now I can start it, but at idle it idles up and down, and will stall if left alone. If I give it some gas, or leave the choke on a bit, it keeps going. If I run it and don't let it idle, it is fine and runs as always up to full speed. I am going to out look at it now, so hopefully I can come tell you all what I did to fix it, but if not, anyone have any ideas? :shrug:

I took the carb apart and cleaned everything, that did it, thanks! I wish I knew more about what I was looking at in the carb:scooter:, but glad it's running good again.

buckeye

Heck, sounds like you knew what you were looking at.
Glad ya got her running.
Need a carb diagram? Let me look in my files. Might have ya one.
Are they the same as the older clones?

It's the same carb that's in the video. I don't mind not knowing what I am doing and still getting it right, but I feel a lot smarter when I get it right because I know what I am doing. Thanks for the video though, that's good stuff.

cxbra

Over the years of working on small engines i've learned that surging rpm's (especially when they surge up) is almost always a fuel deficiency problem. My stock Predator 212cc started surging since it got real cold, checked my plug and im running leaner than lean, the plug looks brand new haha. Time for me to get a mini-drill bit set.