Pulling without twisting throttle

I bought a used Baja Doodle Bug DB30 yesterday. The pull starter is missing, but I am able to get it to start using just the rope. Anyway this is the first mini bike I've ever own. I have a quick question, is the mini bike supposed to pull without the twisting throttle because mines does? Any ideas why this might be happening?

Most likely the clutch is grabbing. Sometimes the idle is too high and the clutch engages, but most of the time this ends up being a bad or dirty clutch.

Ok guys I did some more investigating today and the bike isn't just pulling it's moving as if I am twisting the throttle. In fact I have to hold the brakes so the bike doesn't get away from me. The engine also turns off when I turn the choke lever to the off and between on and off positions.

How hard or easy is it to take the clutch off? I not much of a mechanic.

old-timer

Scamming Member
Theirs a real good thread on here if you search for it, covering clutch maintenance with step by step pics and instructions that should be a big help for you :thumbsup:

As far as the choke goes, the carb needs to be cleaned . It's starving for gas. The 97cc DB motors are famous for this if they have sat a while with gas in them.

@bandit 40, the chain looks really tight when the engine isn't running, but looks loose once I start the bike. Oh and the chain tensioner was/is missing on this bike.

@old-timer, thanks looking for that thread now. Oh and you might be right, I do believe the bike has been sitting for awhile.

Thanks old-timer.

I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos and I noticed something weird. Not sure what part this is, but I someone from YouTube said its the governor. Anyway, is it supposed to rest in this position?

Also, I am missing the hose from the air filter to the carburetor.

old-timer

Scamming Member
Yea that looks to be the right position for the governor to me. As far as the hose, you should be able to get a piece at any local auto parts or hardware store.

Are you sure its in the right position? When I press down on the throttle lever, isn't it supposed to move to the right away from the screw?

old-timer

Scamming Member
Yes I believe it should move away from the stop screw as the throttle is opened. Now you've got me wondering lol. Maybe someone a little more knowledge on these will chime in to help

The governor spring will open the throttle completely when the engine is at rest.

You need the centrifugal force of the governor weights at operating rpm to force the throttle closed.

провал смертельної