Racing Briggs engine which is better

The LO206 is the same as the Animal, except is sealed and ignition is limited to approx 6,100 rpms.

LO206 is definitely slower than an Animal which stock makes approx 8 to 9 hp and can reliably turn over 7,000 rpms. LO206 is mainly for entry level racing and is designed to keep down costs. Both are great engines.

Last year, I threw a rod in my Animal and bought a short block LO206 to replace all the Animal parts damaged (block, crankshaft, rod, piston, cam...). 100% my fault why engine failed, have otherwise been very reliable engines. :thumbsup:

The LO206 is the same as the Animal, except is sealed and ignition is limited to approx 6,100 rpms.

LO206 is definitely slower than an Animal which stock makes approx 8 to 9 hp and can reliably turn over 7,000 rpms. LO206 is mainly for entry level racing and is designed to keep down costs. Both are great engines.

Last year, I threw a rod in my Animal and bought a short block LO206 to replace all the Animal parts damaged (block, crankshaft, rod, piston, cam...). 100% my fault why engine failed, have otherwise been very reliable engines. :thumbsup:
Thanks Chaz! I really appreciate you chiming in.Great info Thank you.:thumbsup:

LO206 limited to 6,100, World Formula to approx 7,200, Animal in effect not limited (has maybe 10,000 limit). Different PVL coils control the max rpms. You can convert a LO206 to Animal by changing the PVL ignition.

World Formula is different, has different head, piston, rod, carb, cam, valve train, but same block and crank. Great engine too, but I personally like my Animal better. :thumbsup:

In terms of stock HP: LO206, then Animal, then World Formula would be the most HP.