road trip

Just wondering if anyone else has takin their mini bikes on trips longer than around the neighborhood. kind of like they do in dumb and dumber just not as long. me and a friend had about a 40 mile trip planned out a few years ago but for some reason we never did it. just thought it would be something fun to do.

ON 4 wheelers

Me and buddies have done something like that on our 4wheelers. We went like 60 miles in one day on gravel roads. We were in 3 or 4 counties and 2 states! lol (All in 8hrs)

I've put 50 60 miles on them in one day before.. But it's mostly just cruising around.. I rarely get much more than 20 miles from home.. OR a gas station.. :laugh:

Took a stock Tri-Sport RTS-8 trike and made it street legal. We the (American Tri Wheel Association ) were having trike races at the Paris, California TT track.
I packed on some extra gas and a few tools and headed down good old U.S 101 highway on a Friday night with drunks and all bar hopping and all this was before any drive 55 laws. I could do about 30 miles per hour tops. Got stopped by a CHP officer who thought I was nuts being out there in the dark but he let me go and I finally made it to San Juan Capistrano and started the climb up the hills on the Ortega Highway # 74 and it was hard on the little trikes torque converter it began to stick and wouldn't shift back to low so I found a rock along the road and smacked the driven and it would pop back and on I would go but it happened again so I kept the rock in my lap and after a few miles I made it to the top.
What a breathtaking sight a cold star filled night and the city of Elsinore and the Lake down below me. So off I go now all down hill and through the town and I was really enjoying this Triking freedom and heading for a day of trike racing ( on my big 440 trike being delivered there ) and I passed a pair of cops from Riverside County and they whipped around and chases the little machine down. Well I had a bad habit of not paying for traffic tickets and there was a warrant out for one . And they made me chain up the trike along side the road and took me back to Elsinore to Jail. So like all I did was to call my Pappy to throw my bail . My dad brought my Dodge van down and got me out of jail, and then we retrieved the trike and went on to the races. I have quited down a little since 1973 and don't get the tickets and obey all the rules.
Steve :scooter:

C9H13NO3

Took a stock Tri-Sport RTS-8 trike and made it street legal. We the (American Tri Wheel Association ) were having trike races at the Paris, California TT track.
I packed on some extra gas and a few tools and headed down good old U.S 101 highway on a Friday night with drunks and all bar hopping and all this was before any drive 55 laws. I could do about 30 miles per hour tops. Got stopped by a CHP officer who thought I was nuts being out there in the dark but he let me go and I finally made it to San Juan Capistrano and started the climb up the hills on the Ortega Highway # 74 and it was hard on the little trikes torque converter it began to stick and wouldn't shift back to low so I found a rock along the road and smacked the driven and it would pop back and on I would go but it happened again so I kept the rock in my lap and after a few miles I made it to the top.
What a breathtaking sight a cold star filled night and the city of Elsinore and the Lake down below me. So off I go now all down hill and through the town and I was really enjoying this Triking freedom and heading for a day of trike racing ( on my big 440 trike being delivered there ) and I passed a pair of cops from Riverside County and they whipped around and chases the little machine down. Well I had a bad habit of not paying for traffic tickets and there was a warrant out for one . And they made me chain up the trike along side the road and took me back to Elsinore to Jail. So like all I did was to call my Pappy to throw my bail . My dad brought my Dodge van down and got me out of jail, and then we retrieved the trike and went on to the races. I have quited down a little since 1973 and don't get the tickets and obey all the rules.
Steve :scooter:
Thats a really cool story.

The furthest I've gone on a mini was right before I took the engine off for modding this winter. I went to a friends house, he and I took our fishing gear and some snacks and went to the creek, caught a couple small fish (threw 'em back) and went on to WaWa a couple of miles away. Got a milkshake and some beef jerky and went to my house, then back to his. Should have been somewhere near 40 miles. The best part is that we were able to follow trails all the way to the creek and to WaWa so we never could be see from the road, and from WaWa to my house we rode through fields :laugh: That was a good day :smile:

We both were running ungov'd clones with a header (had the billet stuff too) so we could be heard but not seen, and could get away in a hurry :biggrin:

when i was a kid in the 80s i took my bike all over the neighbor hood but when you live in the country thats a ways... id ride to my buddys house at least 5-10miles away & we had a gravle pit about 3miles away and a seldom uses 20acher cow pasture we tore up with all our toys as kids (sleds, atcs, dirt bikes) fun stuff i still could ez put on 20 to 30plus miles on gravel roads around the neighborhood