Rugblaster's 2015 OldMiniBikes buildoff "cactus donkey" jff

Finishing up

Got my fuel lines and filter figured out. OND (Eric) sent me some 90 degree fittings. MikeZ and CarPlayLB suggested this fuel filter that has both 1/4 and 3/16th barbs on it. There is the part number. I found it at Tractor Supply.

I used an existing bung and tapped it with a 1/8 npt thread.

Here is the filter used with both size fuel lines.

Safety wire clamp. I had to use safety wire somewhere, it makes stuff look fast and racy.

I got the machine running and rode it around some. It comes out of the hole hard and tops out at about 30 mph. It still has the governor on it, it's just to putt around on. It rides super, more like a motorcycle than a mini bike, I guess due to it's size and the large tires. I'll post up a movie as soon as I make one.

Needing a videographer

The first ride is always the best.
Everything looks clean and right. Nice.
Glad you got it going RB . :thumbsup: I can't wait to see the ride video!
Safety wire clamp kicks ass! :thumbsup: This is a great bike, well executed.

Thanks x3

I found a Mexican blanket to tie on the saddle,

I also make a quieter exhaust manifold and muffler, I used a 8 horse Kohler muffler and a SeaFoam container heat shield.

I'll post a video sometime this weekend and that will be that. I've been told there is a old house here in town that has a bunch of old mini bikes piled in one of the bedrooms. I'm trying to find out how to get ahold of the people who own the house so I can go look. Maybe come up with some more projects. :deal:

One of our local revolutionaries

I saw this dude at a tractor pull in Andrews, Texas last week. I asked him if I could take his photo. A handsome sort. His daughter isn't interested in seceding or the tractor pull.

Looks Good ..and Looks Like It Runs Good !:thumbsup:
Awesome ride my friend! I love to see pics of bikes but nothing beats seeing them in motion.
:thumbsup: Way to go. Nice riding bike on a nice day in a nice neighborhood.

Thanks a lot........I know you all know how we feel when someone you respect enjoys looking at what is created here. So thanks!

As far as admiration goes, on a more serious note, I was reading about the terrorist attack in Garland (Dallas) Texas over the weekend and how a Texas traffic patrol officer took out the two would be attackers with his department issued pistol. The perps were armed with automatic AK-47's and festooned with body armor. So, kudos to the officer for preventing anymore bloodshed than would have otherwise occurred. I feel like giving this guy this mini bike. Don't mess with Texas! (especially ISIS)

I would like to also mention that this is Cinco de Mayo here in Texas. Most people think it is a Mexican holiday related to Mexico's independence from Spain or France, but here is the straight skinny.

Most folks don't know it, but Helmann's Mayonaise was originally made in England around the turn of the last century. And, in the sea coast towns and cities in Mexico the chosen condiment for fish tacos was made from Helmann's and not the commonly used tomato based salsas. Further, the Titanic sea cruise ship was scheduled to head to Veracruz, Mexico after it's stop in New York City. In the hold of the great ship was 3300 cases of Helmann's for the people of Veracruz and other, smaller towns. When the Titanic hit the iceberg on that fateful night, the ship sank and so too did the contents of the ship. When the news came to Veracruz about the disaster, the El Presidente' of Mexico, Enricque De La Pena El Pasio de Vaca, issued a decree designating May 5 as.........of course........SINKO DE MAYO

Great movie shot and it looks like it rides just fine and great power gearing. Overall a great project . I see the blanket roll on the back of the seat you could find a shade tree and spread out the blanket and have a snooze or siesta as the say in TEXAS
Steve

Great movie shot and it looks like it rides just fine and great power gearing. Overall a great project . I see the blanket roll on the back of the seat you could find a shade tree and spread out the blanket and have a snooze or siesta as the say in TEXAS
Steve

Sí, sí Steve...... en el río bajo la sombra de un árbol de mezquite grande una cerveza con una seniorita exprimir mi lime.

Sí, sí Steve...... en el río bajo la sombra de un árbol de mezquite grande una cerveza con una seniorita exprimir mi lime.
How it ever came about that people would ruin a carefully crafted lager with a nasty ol lemon or lime is probably gone forever. That thing with the citrus was because we Gringos didn't trust the sterility of the bottling process. (Montezuma's Revenge, et. al)

So those of us with weak stomachs, (you know them as two beer people) took to swiping the necks with bar garnish, (citrus) to kill any bacteria on the bottle neck. It is a known fact that harmful bacteria will not survive in beer. The Mexicans of course never understood this, only that for some reason we needed a wedge with the cerveza, and so began serving them that way.

Sometime around 1981, some Yuppies from So Cal (that is a State in California) saw waiters delivering beers with limes shoved in the necks at those posh Baja resorts situated amongst the hovels and poverty there.

Not unlike the raccoon's fascination with shiny objects as a way of ensnaring them, these Yupsters ended up accidently poking the citrus all the way down the neck, looked sheepishly around, and said, "I meant to do that."

Now days, we seem to think a lager from Mexico, (probably brewed in Latrobe, PA) "requires" that fruit down there. It doesn't. However any good brewer knows that clear glass destroys lager and ale quicker than an imaginary Mexican Microbe.

In Mexico, they squirt lime yoose (that's how they say "juice") on everything, beer, fish tacos, guacamole, margaritas, mayonnaise, each other.

Were going to Los Cabos in June and I'll report back any new uses for limes. If I can remember any, I get pretty wound up down there.