Rupp Roadster 2 on TV!

There is a new TV series on tonight "Pawn Stars" Sunday, July 19 AT 10PM/9C on the History Channel and I just caught the preview with my PC PVR and recorded it. Looks like they are saying there is no demand for these Rupps...whatever! but this is the first time I ever seen a Rupp on national TV so maybe they will talk more about it tonight?? Here is my YouTube video:

YouTube - Rupp Roadster 2 On Pawn Stars

I just checked and they have a message board for the show. I agree with that guy.. that Rupp is not worth anything so I'll go over there and take it off their hands for $10 :thumbsup: But a glass bowl is soooo much cooler :eek:ut: I do realize rupps are not rare but to say there is no demand for them is kind of a slam. These bikes are a regional thing I guess. Anyway, just to see one on TV was pretty cool.

delray

mint condition rupp worth nothing:eek:ut: but the gay glass bowl is:doah: looks like that show knows it all:thumbdown: i am glad i miss it

I was messing around with a different avatar and lost my monster wrench dude and I can't find it:hammer: This avatar really tells it like it is lol.

That one was broke? I guess I never really looked at it? I need the rupp style housing (rounded top) Also really prefer to have one that doesnt need to be fixed since I can't powdercoat over bondo. I don't paint anything anymore, it takes to long and it cost too much lol.

I have one housing but its has small minor cracks. I may use it as a guinea pig and see if I can weld it from the inside then use JB weld to fill in the crack and sand/grind it down then powdercoat it.

The earlier Tecumseh engines the blower housing was rounded were the head is it had internal ignition behind the flywheel. The later engine had the coil mount on top of the flywheel and the flywheel cover was squared of the fit.

Yup i didnt see the rupp on last nights episode either i though i missed it when i was away for a few minutes guess not. I think its a kinda cool show. Its like a little of all their other shows mixed together with a bit of antiques roadshow to boot :smile:

The pawn shop show is great, I like "Pop's". :thumbsup:

He's right, Rupps are all over the place but I'm sure they will find a sucker . :thumbsup:

This is funny to me. :laugh:
Someone comes on here and asks whats it worth and gets blasted for 3 pages.
Then someone is selling something for a high price and is accused of "smoking crack".
Now some guy on TV says a mint Rupp roadster has no demand, and that too is not good enough. Now we all know those things are everywhere, so someone must be buying them.
Most of us here know a good deal when we see it, and more importantly know how much it really costs to restore a bike, even a common Rupp.