RUPP's first year and model Mini Bike

Rupp first model

did Rupp make any brochures for these Rupp cycles?
And dose any one know when the term Mini Bike was started and by who?

did Rupp make any brochures for these Rupp cycles?
And dose any one know when the term Mini Bike was started and by who?
Hey Don,
I'm not sure where the term "minibike" was coined, but I do know that the term "go kart" was coined by one of Art Ingals' and Duffy Livingstone's buddies back in or around 1956-57.
I'd be interested in findng out the history behind the mini bike thing myself. If & when you find out make sure to post it.
That would be an awesome trivia question. Which brings to mind this little tidbit. Art Ingals was the answer to a trivia question on the Discovery channel show "cash cab". The question was about who was the person to build the first "go kart" in 1956. My jaw dropped when I heard the question and instantly knew the answer. People must be recognizing the come back of these old toys and I think it's awesome..... Have a good one.

Also, I forgot to mention that Duffy was the owner of the first company to manufacture and sell go karts. Go kart manufacturing was the first and Bug aka K&P manufacturing today was the secong to open up a couple weeks after "Go kart" MFG. ...And not too far down the road from Duffy's plant. Just a little history on the 4 wheeled version of our passion.

Thanks for posting the picture. I picked up a Dart Cycle from a guy in Woodside a couple weeks ago. I've started the restoration and this picture will be very helpful.

Thanks again!

KM

That brochure pic looks like it's been 'colorized'...the original black & white photo has a color overprint on the frame portion of the bike.

Most of you guys are probably too young to remember when all the magazine ads were either b&w or really off-color overprints like a comic book.

TV was b&w back then too...damn, I'm old.

Thanks for posting the picture. I picked up a Dart Cycle from a guy in Woodside a couple weeks ago. I've started the restoration and this picture will be very helpful.

Thanks again!