Rust fix for cleaning parts

A BUDDY OF MINE WANTED ME TO TRY THIS. IT IS GREAT I GOT 4QT. PUT IN A 5GAL. BUCKET. DROPPED IN A RUSTY TANK OVER NIGHT IT CAME OUT SHINY CLEAN. YOU CAN PUT YOUR HANDS IN IT DOSE NOTHING TO THEM. IT WAS ABOUT $ 9 A QT. AM NOT SURE HOW LONG IT WELL KEEP EATING RUST BUT ITS STILL GOING AFTER A WEEK LOOK IT UP AND READ ABOUT IT GOOD STUFF :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ok I went to evaporust.com and it's a little more expensive. They offer free shipping however.

Where the heck did you find it that cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!????!?!!?!?

That sounds about right Ogy. I'm wondering where he found 2 gals for under $20. That would be a hell of a deal. I would make a stock pile at that price. 5 gal tubs are $90.

My guess is he is mistaken and bought 2 quarts under $20.

I may just purchase the 5 gal bucket and pour it in a big tub. Sears has the 5gal for 79.99

Last edited:
That sounds about right Ogy. I'm wondering where he found 2 gals for under $20. That would be a hell of a deal. I would make a stock pile at that price. 5 gal tubs are $90.

I may just purchase the 5 gal bucket and pour it in a big tub. Sears has the 5gal for 79.99

just picked up 2 gallons for under 20 bucks each

No mistake, I know the difference between a quart and a gallon:laugh:

I bought it at Mills Fleet Farm, two gallons at $19.49 EACH....

Harbor Freight used to sell it for $20 bucks a gallon, but they bumped it up to $30 bucks sometime last year.

Nice. I cleaned the inside of a small motorcycle gas tank by dumping in a $4.00 bottle of CLR and some nuts and bolts. Strapped it to the rear wheel of my riding mower, mowed the lawn (albiet a little slower that usual), and the tank came out spotless.

I saw this done on a youtube video. Worked like a charm.

Nice. I cleaned the inside of a small motorcycle gas tank by dumping in a $4.00 bottle of CLR and some nuts and bolts. Strapped it to the rear wheel of my riding mower, mowed the lawn (albiet a little slower that usual), and the tank came out spotless.

I saw this done on a youtube video. Worked like a charm.
Good Idea. I know a couple guys have rolled em up in a towel or blanket and threw em in the dryer. idk about clr though. It's pretty hazarous. your not supposed to get that stuff on your skin.