Ruttman Bobber

Kenny1

So I got this off Ebay a while back and it looked like it was stored at the bottom of a lake. Got most of the rust ground off and decided to take a little different direction with this bike. I don't post a whole lot of pics but thought I would share this build.

Last edited:

Kenny1

Ok. Didn't do a whole lot of work to the frame to fill in dings and stuff. Wanted it to look like it has a past :thumbsup: Also picked a color that's maybe a little retro.

Thanks for all the positive posts guys. I was concerned more people would think I had done the unspeakable by modifying an original frame. The Ruttman frames have always been my favorite by far and this one was in a pretty sad state of disrepair when I got it so I don't feel so bad. I may not have many pictures to post between now and the finished bike but I will for sure post the finished product. Most likely by the end of the up coming weekend.

Kenny1

Finally got a chance to put the roller together. Need to decide what I'm doing for paint on the engine tins. It's getting a clone. The tank has been replaced with a Honda one for the reason that everybody knows the tanks on the newer clones look cruddy. I would be open to suggestions. 2 ways I am considering is black wrinkle finish on all of it or a light silver on some and the same color of green on the rest. I'm off work for the week so hopefully it will be running soon.

Thats just FKing cool. I'd leave the clone silver and paint the tins on it satin black. Cant wait to see the finished product. :thumbsup: