SAAPE Water Transfer Decal

Status
Not open for further replies.
You DO NOT have to own a Trans Dapt SAAPE Pit Bike or have an every day run of the mill Powell Challenger to own this beautiful decal!! :laugh:

I had this made for my Trans Dapt SAAPE Pit Bike (but you can add this to your decal collection, attach to your tool box, put on your vintage ride or your new truck next to your OldMiniBikes decal.. buy a few and send one as a gift to a friend.

Here is there contact info if anyone needs to have TOP NOTCH water slide decals made.
Made by Art Decal Corp (800 742-0270 ask for Barbara or Gary)
Art Decal Water Transfer Decals
5 color water slide COLOR BRITE DECAL
8" x 2.5"
This decal can be used on many different surfaces will adhere on either side of the decal.
$8.00 shipped to your door!

I accept PayPal or US Postal Money order:
(If you choose money order PM me and I'll send you my mailing address.
PayPal dmarsh_94131@yahoo.com
All orders will ship either the same day or no later then 1 business day after payment clears.

Last edited:
Don,
Got mine today!! Great quality your the man as always :thumbsup: Nice find on the decal guys also Im game if you want to do that other order we were talking about!! Thanks Again :thumbsup:

Absolutely STUNNING !!!!! Check your paypal and get them babies in the mail...or better yet, save yourself the shipping cost and bring them up to Medford this weekend:thumbsup:

Don,
Got mine today!! Great quality your the man as always :thumbsup: Nice find on the decal guys also Im game if you want to do that other order we were talking about!! Thanks Again
:thumbsup:
Jeff
Glad you received them, and thanks for the support.:thumbsup:

Absolutely STUNNING !!!!! Check your paypal and get them babies in the mail...or better yet, save yourself the shipping cost and bring them up to Medford this weekend:thumbsup:
Mark
Thanks a million!! :thumbsup:
See you in Medford this weekend I'll hand carry them to you.
I'll bring the SAAPE

School me. What does it represent??
I might need one here in Bama,if it won't get me shot.
Buck
Won't get you shot!!
The Ape was first trade marked in the late 60s By Willie Garner of Trans Dapt.
SAAPE was a term often used when referring to someone who was moving very fast down a race track..." Look at him move like a Stripped Ass APE"
Willie worked at the Powell factory during this time he founded Trans Dapt and with the help of the Powell's developed and manufactured transmission adaptors..
My guess, Willie spent much of his time at race tracks, found a need to have an efficient means of transportation to and from the many pit and pit crews at each track..coin the term Pit Bike
To the best of my knowledge on or about 1967 Willie purchased from Powell a total of 38 early model Challenger mini bikes from the Powell Brothers was given permission to sell these bikes as Trans Dapt SAAPE Pit Bikes..
What made these bikes different from the generic Challenger was Trans Dapts unique APE decal.
After countless months of searching and calling people I managed to locate and purchase an original Trans Dapt Decal, with the help of Art Decals
Art Decal Water Transfer Decals
I had a limited number of these decals manufactured, so when there gone there will be no more made..
Back in the day folks would put these on their tool boxes and other items where a decal would stick.
Or just keep this jewel for your vintage decal collection.

Here are a couple of links if you want to read more about the SAAPE Pit Bike..
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/general-minibike-talk/20104-pre-powell-challenger.html
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/general-minibike-talk/60392-history-saape.html

For the price of a Big Mac meal ya can't go wrong I promiss your gonna dig this decal!!:thumbsup:

Thanks for delivering my decals !!! They are awesome.

Also....great job finding someone that makes these water-slide decals and sharing that info with your fellow minibikers !!

You should post a thread in the general section about Artdecalcorp, I'm sure alot of people here would find it useful in getting their decals reproduced.

Thanks for delivering my decals !!! They are awesome.

Also....great job finding someone that makes these water-slide decals and sharing that info with your fellow minibikers !!

You should post a thread in the general section about Artdecalcorp, I'm sure alot of people here would find it useful in getting their decals reproduced.
Mark
Glad you liked them..:thumbsup:
Thats a great idea about posting the decal info in the general section..
Theres one member who I don't think would like that ..Who I hear has been complaining to other members in PM about me posting the contact info.
I'll have to run this by Hent and see what he has to say about it..

That's cool of ya Bab. No need in it.:thumbsup:
Buck
Thanks for your input..
My thought is members should have the decal info..Restoring a mini bike or car , etc sometimes call for a good quality decal.
Having searched the internet i came across Art Decal and purely by coincidence this just happened to be the same company this other member was having their decals produced..
I have received PM's from this individual blasting me about makeing this info available to OldMiniBikes's membership as well as what I took as a threat with respect to what Hedman Hedders might think about me reproducing the SAAPE decal..Oh on a side note Hedman has been informed and I have yet to get a responce form them...:001_tt2:

Mark
At this present time i don't wish to mention this individuals name.. I don't see what purpose it would serve..I'll PM you the name..:cursing:
Didn't expect you to post it on the open forum.....just wondering if it was the same guy.. I'll take that as a "yes" ...

I have received PM's from this individual blasting me about makeing this info available to OldMiniBikes's membership
That's not very nice of him.........

Status
Not open for further replies.