Say it is'nt so Tecumseh HS50

Today when I brought my minibike outside to start it, I noticed my clutch was rattling as I pushed it, so I oiled it,and the noise went away. When I pull started it I noticed a loud rattling noise for a few seconds before the engine stopped. Now I cannot pull start it.

I pulled the shroud cover off, and I am unable to hand turn it.

Is it a possibility that the motor is siezed? :crying:I just changed the oil! Or is it something a little easier to handle like a busted clutch? Any ideas:shrug:

Neck

Growing up is optional
Time to remove the clutch and crankcase cover and have a look inside! At least it didn't seize at a high rpm and chuck the rod out the block!

buckeye

That doesn#t sound good. I'd try easy first. Remove chain and clutch. See wheather it will turn. Then it's time to get to know the inside. I assume no previous symptoms, ie: smokin, rattlin,and poor performance?

That doesn#t sound good. I'd try easy first. Remove chain and clutch. See wheather it will turn. Then it's time to get to know the inside. I assume no previous symptoms, ie: smokin, rattlin,and poor performance?
Correct, no previous symptoms. :no:

Hopefully you will get lucky and find something loose or caught behind the flywheel, can you rock the flywheel back and forth at at all?............................Tom.

oldfatguy

pull the head off next to see if something got in there or if you have a stuck valve. I had this happen but it turned out to be a mouse nest under the cover. Maybe one of your flywheel magnets came loose

Last edited: