Show Your scrapyard finds

jeep4me

Just picked this up on Thursday. It's a 1984 Yamahopper, 50cc, shaft driven scooter.

I was on my way out of the scrapyard and noticed a guy pulling in to the second driveway of the yard. I could only see the handle bars but thought I'd better check it out. I asked the guy if he was scraping it and he said he was. He said it had been sitting in his barn for years.

The engine wasn't seized so I told him I'd give him $25 for it.

I spent almost 3hrs cleaning the carb, gas tank. (my hands still smell like old/skunky gas) And guess what.....it runs great, smokes just a little. But, that'll keep the mosquitos away while riding it.:scooter:

Cow Days

Here's some stuff I got at the junkyard..

Chrome tractor seat, briggs 3 horse, briggs 5 horse water pump, old RUSTY RUSTY Tec HM50, old rusty briggs 5 horse, Tec H80 with lighting coil and electric start, skateboard wheels, NICE little Jacobsen gas tank

garage sale finds include

Teh Powersport 9 horse with lighting coil and Comet30 driver runs good $30

Electric scooter pretty nice but missing batteries $20

split bamboo fly rod with two tips and real $20 (not pictured)

computer tower $10 (not pictured)

jeep4me

Picked up a couple treasures at the scrap yard today.

Nice old H40 Tec....first one of these I think I've ever seen.

And a cool chromed out Aztlan lowrider bicycle. It's a bit rusty but might clean up ok.

All this only cost me $10:thumbsup:

havnt got much lately but picked up this diff over the weekend. Found it on a mower they usually dont come this long . with a band brake and bearings too. :thumbsup:

Not sure if it belongs in this thread, but I have a flyer up at a lake community offering free removal of unwanted engines, etc. and a guy phoned me with 8 complete lawn aerators that are all powered by 3.5hp Briggs I/C motors for $100. I am picking them up soon, I'll post pics then. :thumbsup:

Not sure if it belongs in this thread, but I have a flyer up at a lake community offering free removal of unwanted engines, etc. and a guy phoned me with 8 complete lawn aerators that are all powered by 3.5hp Briggs I/C motors for $100. I am picking them up soon, I'll post pics then. :thumbsup:
You didn't say they were I/C motors!!!! :blink:

Picked up a couple treasures at the scrap yard today.

Nice old H40 Tec....first one of these I think I've ever seen.

And a cool chromed out Aztlan lowrider bicycle. It's a bit rusty but might clean up ok.

All this only cost me $10:thumbsup:
HOLY CRAP those lowriders are EXPENSIVE!!! That front end isn't cheap.. :shrug:

I haven't been getting pics anymore... Here's a model T headlight I picked the other day.. All there in like perfect shape after some cleaning..

5 dollar no hollar..

I scored a Ruttman kart roller and another Simplex frame for $20. Well, the $20 included a 30lb Chevy flywheel for my dyno and a Brach's candy rolling rack display.
A couple weeks ago, $15 for a Honda GX670 with a bashed air filter. I took it home, fired it up, CL'd it for $400.

Here's the pics. :thumbsup:

Oh ya, I paid $0 for them, when I got there the guy changed his mind and didn't want any cash, but since he was good friends with my uncles I gave him 50lbs of hamburger meat because we just butchered a couple beef the day before.

Thanks Yooper. Ya they have the gear reductions, but since I have 6 of them, 4 look like they could be fixed up to sell, and 2 will be stripped and the motors will be kept for minibike use in the future since I had 2 keyed cranks that can replace the splined cranks that they have in them.