Show Your scrapyard finds

Yesterday I got the Briggs 8hp below minus the carb. A little starting fluid and she fired right up. I guess carbs cost more than a new engine.:laugh:

I'm not taking this one to scrap.............
Unfortunately those carbs are not cheap. Over $130 bucks last time I checked. The rebuild kit cost's more than a kit for the 4bbl Carter on my '66 Buick:doah:

My score from yesterday. 3 snowblowers. 2 are 2 cycle. Others a 5hp. A tiller. Think it a 8hp. A leaf rake. A 5hp I think. A 4hp koler. Froze up. A briggs 3hp.yellow one. A orange I think 8hp. Turns freely. A dead briggs.has gear box on it. I was curious. Another motor like the leaf rake. A wilton brush saw. In the front. Sweet. A couple helmets. Misc filters and shit. Traded 3 scrap radiators and a cat convert for it all. And I haft get a motor going for his kids gokart. Woot. The yellow one should fire tomorrow. :)

Last edited:
Unfortunately those carbs are not cheap. Over $130 bucks last time I checked. The rebuild kit cost's more than a kit for the 4bbl Carter on my '66 Buick:doah:

WHAT!!??? :lol: I have a bunch of those, some I know work good, HELL, I even have a 3 screw 1950's Tote Gote one.. :shrug: I'll hook ya up with a carb... DAMN!!! 130 dollars?? :doah:

My score from yesterday. 3 snowblowers. 2 are 2 cycle. Others a 5hp. A tiller. Think it a 8hp. A leaf rake. A 5hp I think. A 4hp koler. Froze up. A briggs 3hp.yellow one. A orange I think 8hp. Turns freely. A dead briggs.has gear box on it. I was curious. Another motor like the leaf rake. A wilton brush saw. In the front. Sweet. A couple helmets. Misc filters and shit. Traded 3 scrap radiators and a cat convert for it all. And I haft get a motor going for his kids gokart. Woot. The yellow one should fire tomorrow. :)
HEY!!!! Best part you don't even realize

(never happen now because I said something) :doah:

A LOT of those little snow flippers like the ones you have, use a NICE ASS little round steel cylinder gas tank.. :drool:

buckeye

Here's a little jewel a patient gave me today.

Haven't had a chance to see the number plate but, it's on it and it turns freely. The carb manifold is broke and he's going to bring the carb.
Any idea what year Bridger?

Here's a little jewel a patient gave me today.

Haven't had a chance to see the number plate but, it's on it and it turns freely. The carb manifold is broke and he's going to bring the carb.
Any idea what year Bridger?
somebody gave that to you down here most people wouldn't give a 2nd thoght about throwing that out around here i never find old motors around here

hey all i can say is dumb people get the bills paid, besides it was saved and is at a good home. loved diggin all 4 to china when hooked to somethin immovable, couldnt believe the power for a 350