Simplex Sportsman-Year and Model Please?

I tried searching this to find out what year and which model it was? Looking for any additional information please, such as engine type, year MFG. I'm seriously thinking about making an offer on it. Thanks in advance.

Looks like a Compact, earlier ones had flat fenders- the guy selling this one said it was a '63- so I'm guessing that one is around '65 :shrug:

Looks like a Compact, earlier ones had flat fenders- the guy selling this one said it was a '63- so I'm guessing that one is around '65 :shrug:
Thanks Mark. I saw on the web some 63's (Supposedly) with round fenders. And that engine is supposed to be a Continental Red Seal. It spins freely. Appears the airfilter housing is gone, but it looks pretty complete.

What I really want to know is the question we're not allowed to ask. LOL! Answer: Whatever I'll pay for it. Seller is asking quite a bit more than I think it's worth.

I guess this one would be a restoration, not a rebuild. I wonder if engine parts are available.

yeah and then get busy finding the parts......I bet there out there somewhere......and gather the parts while you ride around on it.......the best of both worlds imo

yeah and then get busy finding the parts......I bet there out there somewhere......and gather the parts while you ride around on it.......the best of both worlds imo
There are some more photos elsewhere. Both tires are bald, but I can't see any other missing parts. Rear seat, but that's easy. The asking price is a lot more than that cool bike in Santa Fe. (wink)

what is the asking price???
I wasn't going to answer this question, because I was worried someone else would jump on it, but since it's in the middle of the desert..... :laugh:

$1200 OBO. I've seen old ads for $1500 in better shape.

It's more than I want to spend, and maybe I need to hold out for some other bikes I've had my eye on. But I sure like the way these things look.

Model B. Check the neck for the serial number. Find the 6 in the serial and the next number indicates year built. $750-$850 seems more realistic.

I have a titled 63 model C with round fenders. Paid $450 for mine with nice tank and rear rack with no engine/lights.

Last edited: