Springer Seat Idea - Baja Warrior

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum as well as the mini bike I picked up for my daughter and I to play around with. I've seen a lot of people saying that the Baja's need rear suspension - which is very true. But I don't really want to go through the trouble and cost of adding an entire rear suspension set up. :hack:

Just wondering if anyone has put together a nice Springer Seat to help ease the bumps. Any suggestions, ideas, pics, etc would be much appreciated!! Thanks in advance. :drinkup:

Here's mine:thumbsup: these pics are kinda shitty, I can better pics of it....maybe I'll actually grind the welds up a bit and paint it while I'm there:laugh:
[/url][/IMG]
[/url][/IMG]

fonz

jdogg

Now that's the best seat I've ever seen on here for DB30!! Great fab job! I bet it's really comfy too!!

Fonz

jdogg

Now that's the best seat I've ever seen on here for DB30!! Great fab job! I bet it's really comfy too!!

Fonz
AAAYYY thanks for the compliment Fonz! It is really comfy!! There is a short video of me riding it on my thread build "six million dollar doodle" I think its at the bottom of page 5! Anyway sorry for jacking your thread Carson91:doah:

this is awesome, i am thinking i would need a chain for this, I'd be afraid id break the whole gizmo off on the upswing of a gnarley bump and launch myself over the handlebars. i have one of these and it has no seat. i have never seen the seat that is supposed to be on it and I can't seem to find a pic of one off the bike upside down. i have had some ideas of my own but the present idea was a real quick one and it is terrible.

the bike has a seat post like a bicycle - so I just put a springer schwinn seat on it. now it is a mid-evil toucher device. i had thought if doing some welding on it but the frame of these things are so soft ( at least mine is ) i am a little worried that i would never be able to stop welding till the entire thing was reincforced.

i am going to go through my parts and see what all i can dream up. seems even a flat metal base with a piece of plywood and a foam seat would be 100x's better than what was there and 1000 x's better than the bike seat. i don't remember ever having pain like this from my old Boonie bike anyway and thats all it had. LOL

There are some pretty big fluffy comy bicycle style seats out there.. Excersize bikes usually have something worthy of a 350 pounder sitting on an waddling back and forth all day.. :laugh:

You could maybe just make a spring loaded telescoping seat post.. :shrug: Just like a Rupp Continental rear shock bolted in as a seat post.. :shrug:

You'd want some kind of strap to keep the seat oriented in the rite direction, but otherwise it seams doable..