sprockets, motor, jackshaft, help?

hey i got a 5hp briggs flathead "fun power" on my minibike, i need a jackshaft for the chain to line up.. sooo i have a 3/4 inch shaft, i need a sprocket (not a clutch) for it, i have a 11 tooth clutch that will go on the jackshaft, and then i need a sprocket for the other side of the jackshaft and for the wheel,
im going to be going up steeeep hills alot, so what kind of gearing should i use? im getting #35 chain. i want it to be QUICK at take-off but dont really need top end speed over 20 or 25. what should i do?
Thanks - Smoky

ok i cant get my camera working.. so all i really have now is a motor and a back tire.
just need to know what gearing i should use? all for a #35 chain. i have a 11 tooth clutch.
i need a sprocket for 3/4 shaft and the motor (it will go to the 11 tooth clutch on jackshaft)
and i need a jackshaft sprocket that goes to the back wheel sprocket (need a back wheel sprocket)

Motra

If you're putting the clutch on the jackshaft then you won't get any reduction there, so you'd better get the smallest drive (jackshaft) sprocket you can and the largest driven (rear wheel) sprocket that will fit. An 11/72 combo would be 6.5:1 and that isn't very low for climbing hills. I can't see you getting much lower than that unless you put the clutch on the engine.

hey i got a 5hp briggs flathead "fun power" on my minibike, i need a jackshaft for the chain to line up.. sooo i have a 3/4 inch shaft, i need a sprocket (not a clutch) for it, i have a 11 tooth clutch that will go on the jackshaft, and then i need a sprocket for the other side of the jackshaft and for the wheel,
im going to be going up steeeep hills alot, so what kind of gearing should i use? im getting #35 chain. i want it to be QUICK at take-off but dont really need top end speed over 20 or 25. what should i do?
Thanks - Smoky
If you are doing alot of hills a torque converter may -be the way to go,not sure why you are having problems lining up your chain and sprockets ,this can usally be overcome by running the clutch inboard or out or by wheel spacers.not knowing your rear sprocket tooth count it is just a guess ,but a 9 or ten tooth jackshaft sprocket may-be of help.:eek:hmy: