Stangrcr1's Open class TH/TB

After realizing the PO cut off the original footpegs and kickstand, I decided to make em.

Here is the kickstand first:

I had 1/4" and 3/8" steel rod and after thinking about it, just how strong does this need to be? I went with the smaller 1/4" rod. If I have to remake it later, no big deal. I may have put it too straight down though....

I left the rod long since I don't know how long it needs to be yet. Guess I should mock this up....

I also put the spring under....

As far as the footpegs, I had an extra set of Super Bronc pegs laying around, so they got used here.

Think I got them close to original position... :shrug: The pics makes it look like the brackets are at different angles, but they are the same.

Ugh. 2 hours down the drain....

I put some weight to it and it started to bend the 1/4" rod... Grrr.

Was trying to keep it smaller, almost hidden. Oh well.

I have 3/8" rod, don't think I have any 1/2"....

Good idea, but what about parking away from where the stand is...?

Thinking about how to mount it under the motor plate to hide it.

1/4" stuff already cut off.

Already flattened the end of the 1/2" rod and bent up the "U" with the torch. Letting em cool a bit before welding it on.

I was going to keep this bike fairly close to original, but the more I work on it, the more gets changed.....

I actually started thinking about how to make a bracket for that MX stand on the bike...

but put the 1/2" kickstand in the orig spot... Pic soon.

Not much to update. Just been sanding, primering, spot putty, sand, primer, repeat. Frame has a lot of little pinholes. Fenders almost done.

The burnt orange metallic paint I picked up looks more copper than I was expecting. Maybe it is due to the fluorescent lights... No pics yet.... :hammer:

Last edited:
Soaked some parts in Evaporust...

The brake handle is not looking too good. It was heavily rusted. Much better now, but too far gone for this build. Good spare though.

Currently have the rear shocks and steering bolt soaking in the Evaporust. Maybe more pics of them tomorrow. If I can get em apart...

Never used evaporust ? Where do you purchase this magical liquid ??? Thanks and looking good !
Thanks all!

Evaporust is available at my local O'reilly's.

My Sebacs are stuck. Cannot get the lowers off to disassemble. Grrr. Heated, cooled, soaked, brake fluid, etc.