Stangrcr1's Open class TH/TB

Finally got the Sebacs apart. Not sure I can salvage the lowers as the threads are pretty rusted up which caused some galling on the lower eyes. They are back to soaking in the Evaporust as there is a lot of rust inside the bodies. We will see what they look like later.

And almost all the chrome is gone from the springs. Cups look ok.

Wonder if Markus has anymore Sebacs....

Thanks Bruce!

As far as the shocks, I had another set of shocks off a moped, covered in muck. Washed em off and they are Sebacs. Took the bottoms off, they came off easy, and now I can build a good set of shocks for the Trail Blazer. The paint is drying on the bodies and springs. The moped shocks had the plastic covers over plain steel springs.... Might assemble them tomorrow.

One thing that has bothered me about these bikes is the tank mounting. I don't like the look of hose clamps around the frame tubes. As such, I made a bracket...

This is still being worked on, but bracket will hold the tank, and then clamps around the tank. I figure the front of the bracket will be covered by the seat.... :shrug:

Wonder if I can find some clamps that have rubber lining, or full wrapped. Rubber will be in between the tank and mount, probably double sided tape for insurance. Made the bracket from a piece of exhaust tubing left over from the truck.

Back to :hammer:

Last edited:
And the redone rear shocks...

This is as good as they are going to get with the parts I have. Springs had very little chrome left, so they got painted the same low gloss black engine enamel as the bodies.

I am going to look for some better springs and cups, but the rest is good to go. Way better than what they started as.

Last edited:
Thanks! And I like the black too. It will go well with below...

Here is the frame after another round of sanding, and then another layer of spot putty..

And since the forks were ready for a color coat and I wanted to see what it would look like....

Pictures do not do the color justice. Can't wait for warmer weather for more painting!

Two main things to update.

Wet sanding sucks. My fingers hurt. Frame will need at least one more primer coat to fill the imperfections, and more wet sanding before color. Same thing with the fenders.

And just realized I fergot to order new crank seals, so will do that today.

buckeye

Did I miss the tire size? Those look great on that fancy smancy rim.

Nice work. And three of them at once.:shrug: I can't stay concentrated on one.:thumbsup:

Thanks! Rims were just bead blasted, clear coated. Then the accent paint.

Yeah three of them at one time is daunting, but I feel I am farther ahead this year than I was with the one big build last year. I have almost all the parts for all three, so now it is just the hours of paint prep. If the wind would die down, I could put a coat of primer on the frame and fenders.

Tires are Carlisle 145/70-6. Chain is going to be real close to the knobbies on the sidewalls...