Tecumseh Drop Slant Intake ID

There seems to be some confusion out there about different small block Tecumseh slanted intake manifolds, hopefully theses pics will clear some of that up.
Here are the three different ones that came on slanted frame motors, from left to right: H30/35(I'm not sure of the part number), HS40(#33301), and HS50(#33669).

I am not aware of the H30 intake being reproduced. Used ones are kinda hard to find, but they are out there.

The HS40 intake is currently available brand new from several different suppliers for around $35 bucks or so. For some odd reason I see people consistently pay more than that for used ones on ebay:eek:ut:

The HS50 intake is a rare one also. There is a member here that reproduced them a while back, he sold a few on ebay and I'm not sure if he has any left:shrug:. I think they sold for around $60 bucks or so.

The HS40 intake will bolt on to a HS50 in a pinch, but it has a smaller opening at the block side. Notice how much larger the opening is on the HS50 intake. Also I have noticed that if you use a 4hp intake on a 5hp motor, sometimes it tends to develop a small leak at the bottom of the intake where it meets the block, due to the difference in port size.

jrzmac

Mark, did you make those intakes? if not, where can one get an H35 slanted intake like that one on the left? If someone were to start making these, I would think there would be a nice chunk of change for them, because I see this come up in the forum at least once a week!

I have a junkyard H35 that was on a loose Briggs motor that someone found and scrapped.. It's broken in two at the intake port, but could probably be welded back together.. :shrug:

delray

good info mark. i new the ports were little from a 4 and 5hp, but i didn't know the intake mounting flange was casted different...:thumbsup:

good info mark. i new the ports were little from a 4 and 5hp, but i didn't know the intake mounting flange was casted different...:thumbsup:
Some of the HS50's are squared off like the one shown above, but some are rounded off along the top, also.
Something I've noticed.. On the winter engines, they always have the squared off intake because the heater box rests along the flat spots.

I have one of each out here on a shelf. When I seen that I figured thats what it was for (the flat spot) but now, seeing the slant intake with the flange cast like that... Sorta blows my theory.

Hint, Hint
Either way, I still need a HS50 Slant intake:smile:

Thanks.

I like the floor mat.
:thumbsup:
Mark, did you make those intakes? if not, where can one get an H35 slanted intake like that one on the left? !
Nope, I didn't make them. I'm not that talented:laugh:.
The one on the left is OEM used, the middle one is NOS Tecumseh and the one on the right is a reproduction. Where to get them? Good question. That one came on a '71 Rupp hustler.

Some of the HS50's are squared off like the one shown above, but some are rounded off along the top, also.
Something I've noticed.. On the winter engines, they always have the squared off intake because the heater box rests along the flat spots.

I have one of each out here on a shelf. When I seen that I figured thats what it was for (the flat spot) but now, seeing the slant intake with the flange cast like that... Sorta blows my theory.

Hint, Hint
Either way, I still need a HS50 Slant intake:smile:
Randy (talking straight intakes here)I've noticed the rounded top vs. the squared off too. Also happens on HS40s, I've seen the squared off, larger opening intake on later HS40 engines. When the heat dies down here a little bit I plan on getting some pics of the straight intakes side by side so we can see the differences:thumbsup:

Well, I found a slant intake:thumbsup: Bobco is sending me one. I'm replaceing the H35 on my Scrambler with a fresh HS50. That should wake her up a little bit.:scooter: