Tecumseh HS40 or Predator 212 Hemi (60363)

Tecumseh HS40 or Predator Hemi Head

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It really seems like you need to build two bikes. More bikes = better. :thumbsup:[/QUOTE

Thanks Tom....and I am only building one bike this year, and it feels kinda weird not be in a hurry all the time . :shrug: But not that weird ! :laugh:

It looks like you are mildly customizing the bike as it sits so maybe the Predator? Knowing that you are able to really bring out the personality in your projects I'm sure you could do the same with the engine. I like my Tecs as well but I like power also. If you were building a resto bike the Tec would be fine. The Predators look good minus the factory tank and air cleaner. Whatever you choose I'm sure will be killer as always.
Thanks AJ....coming from you... that means a lot to me...:thumbsup:
I'm a bog fan of the flat heads for vintage factor... But i think the Pred would be more reliable rider.
Thanks Mark...I appreciate it.

The fact that you had to ask the question is the most concerning part. TECUMSEH. Yours is a nice engine too.
Thanks Jeff, and yes I think either one will work and look good...:thumbsup:

I say go with the HS 40 . Anybody can put a predator on a bike . It also looks much better with the HS sitting in there .
Thanks David...I appreciate the honesty.:thumbsup:

I say Tecumseh for a stock appearing bike but I like the Predator for a rider because of the power and torque. My Trailblazer had had both, right now it has a briggs fiver with mikuni carb and even it will not outperform the Predator. With the 6.5 I can accelerate across my yard and the General 530 series tires rip up the grass behind me, the other engines will not. Also the top speed is considerably more but mainly because I override the governor slightly so I can rev to 4500-5k which with the jackshaft really accelerates. I destroyed a 125cc Baja pit bike in a head to head race for the 1st block, his gearing allowed him to pass but it took the entire block for him to build speed. I soon will have the Predator back in it but with a cam, jet kit, and aftermarket carb and header. Ordering the under the seat exit pipe from OldMiniBikes warehouse tomorrow so I can get started, I'm tired of the bike sitting with carb issues and am ready to ride.