Texas Ranger - what do you guys think?

Any thoughts on this bike? It is listed at a 70's model, but the flames paint job does not look original and it has a briggs motor on it. I am looking for an old/vintage bike to get and restore.

What do you guys think of this?

Texas Ranger 01.jpg Texas Ranger 02.jpg Texas Ranger 03.jpg

Thanks,

Vex

capguncowboy

That would be a good candidate for restoration. Most of the parts are there already. I think they would have had a Tec originally, but I might be wrong.

Different Texas Ranger there, yours is an MTD and this one a K&S Hornet hardtail deluxe badged Texas Ranger. Both were badged Texas Rangers and sold through a chain of Texas auto parts stores if I remember the story right. I have a recently acquired MTD with the suspended seat and forks badged " Flying 'O' " and sold exclusively through OTASCO or Oklahoma Tire And Supply Co. All bikes, minis, mowers, and other products were all flying 'O' but made by many different manufacturers. I have been meaning to get the fork plate pic posted in the fork late thread, not sure if there are any there yet. I noticed your MTD Ranger has no plate, it tells me that it is a Ranger because they were badged on the clutch cover at least the handful I've seen were the same as yours with a Texas Ranger decal across the TAV cover. Your Ranger is missing some key stuff but it is in fantastic shape from what I saw.

I have this List on the Classifeds

VERY CLEAN MTD 520 TEXAS RANGER ROLLER F&R Suspension
Started by Robertt8883, 06-06-2015 01:16 PM

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/m...n-mtd-520-texas-ranger-roller-suspension.html