The grin you get...

I turned my seven year old loose on his mini bike for the first time the other day. His grin reminds me of the one I would get every time I hopped on my Cat mini bike when I was a kid. His is a Lomart Cheeftah MB1000. I have the original Clinton engine that I hope to get running someday. In the meantime I threw a 2hp Briggs of similar vintage on it. It smokes a little but it moves his scrawny tail around pretty well. The air filter and loose wire will be cleaned up. Anyway, thought I'd share the thrill of the first ride with you like minded folks. xDSC_5164.JPG

Way back when I owned a mini bike shop I got to see a lot of pictures like that and inside the store when the parent said the magic word in front of their child OK we will take it.
Be it brand new or well used the smiles were the same and then they got a free ( Do it in the Dirt ) t shirt. And there were so many more that we didn't get to see like at Christmas. To me it was one of the best of times.

Thanks for all the responses. Seeing him riding around has brought back a lot of good memories. I have a Super Bronc VT-7 that I've neglected for a while. I need to get that one going again so we can chase each other around. The only thing better than an old mini bike is two old mini bikes... or three...

my oldest son had that same smile on his face when he took off for the first time on his mini bike... and that smile stayed on his face for quite a while after he parked it.