The "Off The Wall" Rupp Dart Cycle

Thanks to all for the encouragement and support....:thumbsup:

Oh yeah and thanks to BAB and Karterman too...didn't mean to leave those guys out...

I wanted to make sure I had the best folks helping me on this one...this bike will hold a place of honor in my collection.:bowdown:

More updates to follow.....

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You have it at the right place. The man does sanitary work and is IMO a master craftsman, the repro parts he has cranked out were awesome looking. He does the quality of work I demand when I spend my hard hustled loot, I'm a great customer to those who do this level of work and a nightmare for those who claim to and do not deliver. That is why my Rawtone Frijole never was built, the thing was a mess and I'm being generous.

You have it at the right place. The man does sanitary work and is IMO a master craftsman, the repro parts he has cranked out were awesome looking. ........
Yep... I'm riding Scottesy's coat tails all the way with this baby....aside from the frame work, he's giving it the factory correct metallic blue paint job...a matching set of oem fenders , and a Deluxe seat stitched up for it including the old school silk screened logo. He has taken an interest in my bike and watched out for me from day one....if he made a brake lever for his bike...he made one for me...if he made fender brackets he made some for me....etc..

One of those baby's has my name on it....:drool:

And I once again have to thank John (JBmini) for donating an original fender off his Dart Cycle to my project...:bowdown:. These guys have literally taken me under their wing here to help me get this bike back to its glory days.

So, wait a minute...If Scott is doing all of the work, what have you been doing to occupy your timer lately?:001_tt2:
I'm gettin old bro....officially retire next year but I'm already winding down :wink:

Plus I know my skill set....and beautiful paint jobs and factory like upholstery work are definitely not on the list...:biggrin:

I do actually have a contribution to the Dart Cycle Project ...pics soon.

Gerry,
Check out the difference it the stamping arrangement. I'm number 1208
yeah interesting....at first we thought they just stamped mine so hard it went through the tag...now I don't think mine ever had a tag...or they ran out and Mickey was too cheap to buy more.

There would be no need to stamp the words "model no" or "serial no " if it had a tag...just the numbers.

Gerry,
I have been reading a couple old articles on Mickey. One article says the company name changed around the early-mid sixtys when it went public from Rupp Manufacturing to Rupp Industries, Inc. Hints my bike was built before that happened by the id tag. Another articles mentions Rupp built about a 1000 minibikes his first year. So I will add this to my many questions to ask Mickey about the two different id tag configurations if I ever meet him in person. He only lives 40+ miles from me.

Last edited:

Scottessey

I had some time to work on Gerry's bike a little. His bike is getting better treatment than I give my own!:laugh: I'm usually too impatient when it comes to doing a pre-paint mock up on my own bikes. Here are some pics of Gerry's with the forks and fenders fitting up just right. :thumbsup:

Wow...just saw this post. This kid never ceases to amaze me, his attention to detail is off the charts.

Thanks Scott, that bike's gonna be awesome :thumbsup: