The "Super Top Secret" Gilson build

CarPlayLB

My buddy KC sent me a Tec air filter that I adapted to the big block carb velocity stack. I had to cut the stack down and I used some plate aluminum to replicate the stock Tec mounting plate. that allowed me to bolt on the stock Tec filter and housing...after having it color matched to the rest of the engine

CarPlayLB

The loop header I got was not clocked right (to my liking) so I had my buddy reweld it and add a small RLV muffler. I will need to add a brace to it, but it is pretty solid now!

...and just a couple more things and we can call this one done!

Last edited:

CarPlayLB

I saw a Gilson piece listed on eBay as a chain tensioner. I was bidding on this piece, but it went for more than my max bid...so I made one myself! Essentially the Gilson bikes have a hole at the foremost engine mount that has a hole in it. The OEM bracket was some simple angle iron with a bolt welded to it. I can do better than that! I started with 1x1 solid aluminum and drilled and tapped two holes for the engine mount bolts to thread in to. The I drilled an additional hole to accept the bolt that runs through the mount. This was something that I had thought about as my BRIGGS engines make way more power than any old Tec pile of stuff. I have had engines pull back in the mount when I am getting on it! This won't happen now! I did make two of these, juts in case Pete reads this and thinks his POS Tec motor makes enough juice to warrant this part! Please tell him what I said! :laugh:

This was something that I had thought about as my BRIGGS engines make way more power than any old Tec pile of stuff. I have had engines pull back in the mount when I am getting on it! This won't happen now! I did make two of these, juts in case Pete reads this and thinks his POS Tec motor makes enough juice to warrant this part! Please tell him what I said! :laugh:

[/QUOTE]

I was making my engine tensioners out of Simpson Strong-ties, but your's is definitely more elegant! My low-life TEC won't need one of those, but Quas-Animal is itching for a home and it might. You're making me anxious now buddy...I'm close to getting done. BAD ASS Bike!

CarPlayLB

Thanks Dr Pete!
I have one for you! I made an extra before everyone here was awake! Once you and I settle on the double super top project, I will get it in the mail to you!