They break 'em, they fix 'em!

I was that kid in school too. I made my own go cart ripping off the plans from a cart a neighbor had when I was 8. By the time I was 12 I had built my own drag truck from the scrap/parts bin of dad's drag car.

When I took shop in high school my teacher asked me why I was in there. I already knew how to weld, use a torch, a mill, and a lathe. He was busy teaching everybody else and had me building a tool bed for his truck.

I was that kid in school too. I made my own go cart ripping off the plans from a cart a neighbor had when I was 8. By the time I was 12 I had built my own drag truck from the scrap/parts bin of dad's drag car.

When I took shop in high school my teacher asked me why I was in there. I already knew how to weld, use a torch, a mill, and a lathe. He was busy teaching everybody else and had me building a tool bed for his truck.
Nice! When I was in high school, I was the shop teacher's pet.

Nice! When I was in high school, I was the shop teacher's pet.

Me too, we didn't take shop till the 8th grade. I was his teachers aid in the 7th. My senior year I had all the credits I needed so I was in one of his classes 5 out of 7 periods. After I got my electrical license (before i was disabled) he got a hold of me to come talk to a few of the electrical classes. Before he retired he tried his darnest to talk me into going back to school to get my teaching degree and teach a shop class. I should have done it but back then I was younger and dumber and done with (sick of) school.

Met his replacement a few back and talk about a prick. We were doing a service call at the school and he had every class we seen sitting in the classroom with their noses in books while he played on his phone. Back in "my day" the teacher would have had us kids fixing light switches that had went bad not calling a company in. He was flabbergasted when we told him we kids built the shop/home-ec building and football field house when we were in school and that was only back in the 90s.